Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
This is on the LCC forum, but it needs more exposure. Anyone at jetBlue have any information about the rumor that newhire classes have been canceled until sometime in August?

Thanks,

S.

slowing of classes may be due to the planned attrition of US Air guys not happening now due to the AWA/U arbitrator award.

slowing of classes may be due to the planned attrition of US Air guys not happening now due to the AWA/U arbitrator award.

What? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Yeah, we have a dude that sits at a desk with a USA Today, a rosary and a laptop with Flightinfo on the home page that makes all of our class scheduling decisions.

Kicker is, he's a flight attendant. And he doesn't speak english.

Yeah, we have a dude that sits at a desk with a USA Today, a rosary and a laptop with Flightinfo on the home page that makes all of our class scheduling decisions.

What? You think the current folks are any better? We don't have so much attrition at FDX and we can't ever figure out how to run a training department without a whipsaw effect either....

Voodoo might be an option....

What? You think the current folks are any better? We don't have so much attrition at FDX and we can't ever figure out how to run a training department without a whipsaw effect either....

Voodoo might be an option....

Uhhh, I wasn't kidding. You'd think you would know that being in the interview prep biz and all.

As for the post I was referring to, I don't think the 1 week old arbitration decision at US has anything to do with our classes or lack thereof.

A320 classes going full steam. I heard they were up to 26 every 2 weeks. E190 not until August and that may change depending on what happens with the fence. The system bid that runs in August for October will be the first one with the restictions starting to lift.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ":puke:

Bavarianne... maybe if you actually understood what has happened over at AAA, you would possibly understand people's reaction to it.

How's this?
You have 14 years of longevity at AAA and now you will have 0.

Maybe our attrition to AAA WILL be affected?

Nah...
You'd rather mock the airline once again.

How's that SWA app coming along?
Man, they haven't hired you? THEY must be idiots!

How's this?
You have 14 years of longevity at AAA and now you will have 0.

Maybe our attrition to AAA WILL be affected?

Nah...
You'd rather mock the airline once again.

How's that SWA app coming along?
Man, they haven't hired you? THEY must be idiots!

I think a 1 week old decision hasn't affected our hiring plans. That was the question. Will it in the future? Uh, maybe. So will comets (and/or asteroids), hurricanes, ice storms, airplane sales, terrorist attacks, growth plans etc etc.

Has attrition slowed? That's what they tell us.

8vATE -- why don't you give these guys something real to think about, rather than make every jb thread some kind of weird chef attack? Tell a young JB prospective new hire for example, why he should come to jb, stay at jb, why he would enjoy jb etc. And why he should do so over SWA or any other airline hiring for that matter.

That's what this board is really about, right? Sharing the good and bad, so others can make the best decision possible. If you're so positive about jb, then let's hear it. Flow forth with the positive waves, Moriarty!

I reserve the right to be irreverently funny whenever I choose. Even if I am the only one that thinks it's funny.

Latest resources

Back