Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWACoff said:
Capn Mike and others...

I read all of those links. They are so full of possible sarcasm and misinformation that I have not idea what the 5 year contract is about. This board is so full of condescending A55HOLES that even the experienced pilots sometimes can't understand what is truth or fiction.

Erlanger,

The 5 year contract is either a renewable thing that isn't a big deal OR,

The 5 year contract means you start over at 1st year FO pay every 5 years.

It's split 50/50 on which is the case in previous posts. Good luck with getting you simple questions answered on this board.

AWACoff

Yes there is lots of sarcasm on this board. We have plenty of people who have past their 5 year anniversary and no one is starting over at 1st year pay or being let go.

I'm not sure what everyone is getting so bent up about. Look at this 5yr renewable contract just the same as your ALPA negotiated contract. It is there for you. It spells out your benefits as an employee and helps to protect you. It is a little different than other carriers but JB is a non-union carrier and trying to stay that way. Do you think that they will be able to do that by taking advantage of their employees? For those of you who don't like it, don't apply. Otherwise, quit the disinformation pipeline and just worry about you and yours.

Just my opinion....take it or for what its worth

Erlanger said:
I sense some bitterness/resentment, whatever you want to call it, in that sentence. And yes, I did notice the "LIE". Are things not so honky-dory at Jetblue? Anybody have regrets about signing that contract?

No regrets about the contract, the LIE was aimed in the direction of all who believe that ALPA is what is needed. I was at PSA and just ask any of those guys about the J4J program, slotted bidding, and now the J4J backfill program, and ask how good a job alpa has done for them. Alpa eats there young, and old also just ask any TWA pilot.

As far as things at jetBlue I would rather be here than anywhere else.

I hear you get your minimum guarantee for the duration of the contract if you're furloughed. Sounds like a pretty good deal considering what's been happening in the industry over the last 5 years.

AWACoff said:
Capn Mike and others...

I read all of those links. They are so full of possible sarcasm and misinformation that I have not idea what the 5 year contract is about. This board is so full of condescending A55HOLES that even the experienced pilots sometimes can't understand what is truth or fiction.

Erlanger,

The 5 year contract is either a renewable thing that isn't a big deal OR,

The 5 year contract means you start over at 1st year FO pay every 5 years.

It's split 50/50 on which is the case in previous posts. Good luck with getting you simple questions answered on this board.

AWACoff

I swear I am right...you go back to right seat after the 5 years and start over. I was told this directly from a NWA CA...he was a whale driver too!

If you don't like the 5 year contract then don't apply at B6. If you don't want to work for a union carrier don't apply there either.

If you honestly think you are making a difference in someones career choice by bashing B6, SWA, DAL or any other carrier for that matter on this board then your ego significantly surpasses your educational level.

Lake Alice said:
If you don't like the 5 year contract then don't apply at B6. If you don't want to work for a union carrier don't apply there either.

If you honestly think you are making a difference in someones career choice by bashing B6, SWA, DAL or any other carrier for that matter on this board then your ego significantly surpasses your educational level.

Amen to that! Just don't apply. BTW, the furlough question is correct - it's included in the contract, we get paid for 5 years in the event of a furlough.

RJ,
please. Let me get this straight, now JB is bringing the industry down because of a 5 yr contract? You need help. Someone needs to hit you between the legs with a bat so that you don't reproduce.

Lake Alice said:

I'll second that. Or third it :)

The alternative is no contract and be an at-will employee.

So far much better than the ALPA contract I had that said I wouldn't be furloughed.

Latest resources

Back