Jetblue 5 year contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

Anyone explain what's the deal with the Jetblue 5 year contract. Any details on what exactly you're signing to, would be appreciated.

Not to sound harsh but try the search feature this has been gone over and over.

Long and short of it. NO BIG DEAL. Unless you are one of the people who beLIEve that DW needs his 400K pay check.

Last edited:
Erlanger said:
Anyone explain what's the deal with the Jetblue 5 year contract. Any details on what exactly you're signing to, would be appreciated.

The five year contract is a deal the the company requires each new hire pilot to sign. If you don't sign it you will be terminated with prejudice!

Basically, this contract allows for pilots to upgrade in a timely fashion in order to boost morale and allow for attrition after the 5 year commitment. After you are done with the 5 year contract, you are either offered new employment as a first officer, or you are terminated...this time without prejudice.

This industry leading policy allows for much needed turnover in order to allow the quick promotions while preserving morale in a morale-less industry. This contract is a win win situation for management, pilots, customers and especially the FA's who get sick of flying with the same CA's all the time...they get recycled to the right seat every 5th year.

Blue skies ...Go B6

Not to sound harsh but try the search feature this has been gone over and over.

Long and short of it. NO BIG DEAL. Unless you are one of the people who beLIEve that DW needs his 400K pay check.

Smoking man,
Why so defensive? No, this hasn't been gone over and over. All searches didn't answer my question; all were vague. I had asked a Jetblue jumpseater this same question and he too, got defensive and evasive with the answer. What the hell is the big deal. If you can't answer intelligently, butt out. Is it a secret? What does the contract say? What did you sign? If it's "NO BIG DEAL", then why does Jetblue need/want their pilots to sign this contract? Do the Flight Attendants have to sign a contract too?

And please elaborate what this statement means;

Unless you are one of the people who beLIEve that DW needs his 400K pay check.

I sense some bitterness/resentment, whatever you want to call it, in that sentence. And yes, I did notice the "LIE". Are things not so honky-dory at Jetblue? Anybody have regrets about signing that contract?

Last edited:
wndshr said:
After you are done with the 5 year contract, you are either offered new employment as a first officer, or you are terminated...this time without prejudice.

Ok, it's a little after 2am, and maybe my reading comprehension is slightly impared when I'm tired.....but......you are joking, right?

Here we go again...

Smoking man had it right, Erlanger. The search engine on this thing isn't the greatest, but this subject has been rehashed so many times I'm sick of seeing it, and I don't even work for JB!

Your retort is a lame attempt at flame bait, too.

...this subject has been rehashed so many times I'm sick of seeing it, and I don't even work for JB!

That Guy,

Instead of you and Smoking Man wasting your time with your posts, both of you could of simply posted the answer to my question since you know the answer because, "this subject has been rehashed so many times." I don't think you know anything!

Your retort is a lame attempt at flame bait, too.

I haven't personally had this problem with my questions in the past but I get a little fustrated with the answers I see when others ask a simple question and the response is along the line of yours and Smoking Man's or simply flame bait. You can bet this will come up again, weeks or months from now, from someone else. You don't want to answer it; fine, move on, someone else will. People join this board everyday and haven't been part of the past discussions and as you have agreed with me, the searching on this board isn't the greatest. Do you read everything and keep up with it all?

Last edited:
Erlanger said:
That Guy,

Instead of you and Smoking Man wasting your time with your posts, both of you could of simply posted the answer to my question since you know the answer because, "this subject has been rehashed so many times." I don't think you know anything!

I haven't personally had this problem with my questions in the past but I get a little fustrated with the answers I see when others ask a simple question and the response is along the line of yours and Smoking Man's or simply flame bait. You can bet this will come up again, weeks or months from now, from someone else. You don't want to answer it; fine, move on, someone else will. People join this board everyday and haven't been part of the past discussions and as you have agreed with me, the searching on this board isn't the greatest. Do you read everything and keep up with it all?

Children....children...play nice!!!! And share your toys!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

If Pete and Repeat were walking over a bridge and Pete fell off, who's left? If Pete and Repeat...............................................................

You see what I'm say saying, you see what I'm saying....................

Latest resources

Back