• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue 5 year contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D45...Do you have any vested interest in B6? You do seem to have a hard on with stirring the pot. Were you turned down on an interview or is there another reason that you site here and spend your time arguing with us. We are all mostly happy. If you want to work here then come on the board and ask questions. We will answer you honestly, we have absolutly nothing to hide. If you dont like us, or dont want to work here then go away.

Beech D45 said:
Two pilots....

One has finished IOE at B6 and finally hears from SWA and is offered a LUV job. Stay or Go?

Another has finished IOE at LUV and is offered a B6 job? Stay or go?

Did the first pilot Pay for the 737 type yet?

Beech D45 said:
You didn't answer how you have a voice...

who needs a voice...there is TRUST...D&D will always do the right thing...they have the best interests of the company and employees in mind...there is absolutely nothing to worry about even in BAD economic times! Trust is everything...isn't that why people get married?

Not sure I see the difference between this employee policy doc and an agreement. Except that B6 management can change the policy 'at will' at any time.

i.e here is an updated copy of your five year agreement. Sign and return. Your promtness and cooperation is appreciated. -D&D

exactly...sure they can change it...they are the management...they drive B6 either into the ground or climb above the competition. they need to have the flexibility to do whatever they need to do to climb above the competition...

The encompassing point is tough financial times. To say that a JB pilot is better off in tough financial times than any other non B6 pilot is rediculous...

we are better off to have trust in our managment. without trust do you really have a relationship at all?

What I don't get is SWA has provided the blue print on sucess. According to the book the SWA Way, Herb, Colleen and now Gary make thier unions thier partners. But B6 seems to cut the corner on this and circumvent..... Why?

in the B6 book it clearly states that "....if unions were to come on the property we would see a cost increase across the board." now why in the world would the employees want to increase cost for the company...we could end up losing a lot of money that way!!!

Another point is it appears that B6 pilots do alot more defending than LUV pilots.

Two pilots....

One has finished IOE at B6 and finally hears from SWA and is offered a LUV job. Stay or Go?

STAY! are you KIDDING ME? SWA does not have a JFK base the last time I checked!!

Another has finished IOE at LUV and is offered a B6 job? Stay or go?

GO! are you KIDDING ME? B6 does not have a union and therefore has a much better chance of being a FUN place to work. It is important to work FOR a company and not against it!

D45:

Arrogance.....I have been accused of that before......

Ignorance......Not when it comes to ALPA and unions in general. Have 20 years dealing with that, but haven't received my "pin".

You seem to be thinking that if JB wants to change the terms of my "contract" that they can just do so. To change the contract, they must go through a process. It gets vetted through our own inpromptu committee, much like an MEC. Only after I sign it do the terms of my agreement change. Not someone else. In 2001, JB management gave a retro payraise after it was suspended by the working pilots after 9/11. The pilots gave up the raise to keep the company in the black and growing and the company showed their appreciation by giving it back retro without being asked. Show me a company that has done that without a grievance!

Case in point......JB was facing a large off balance sheet, non cash expense related to stock option vesting. They gave everyone the paperwork and the choice whether to accelerate their vesting or to not. It was up to the individual pilot and their own tax situation. Most went with the accel vest because it saved the company money and didn't hit them tax wise. Others chose to opt out and not take a potential tax hit.

JB may lose money this quarter and for the full year. I have seen nothing that indicates they are changing the way they do business. Our management sees the value in working for a common goal. They expect no less from us. If you want to work for a company that spends enormous amounts of energy butting heads over trivial work rules and hourly pay....that is your choice. I have worked under those conditions and while it was more lucrative for me to be at that company, it didn't last. We are all here for different reasons, but we all are here to make JB a success. If that means I have to work a little harder than you do, then so be it.

As far as our management, it took me several months to even believe what they say. Now I trust them to do the right thing. Believe me, if they don't, they hear about it and if there is enough evidence to support that they didn't do the right thing, they rectify the situation. The point is not everything has to be a knock down, drag out fight to the death that most think this business should be.

BTW, who should I blame for giving away my job, my pension, and my families financial stability? I can put a large amount of it on just the fact that it is business. But, my job disappeared and magically two more jobs appeared at other airlines. How did that happen?

A350

Last edited:
BTW, D45, who do you work for that affords that vast insight in how our company works and the way it should be in the real world? Just remember, opinions are like armpits, everybody has at least two, it's just that some stink more than others. Have you taken a shower lately? From your postings it appears you haven't.

oldxfr8dog said:
That alone is a great reason to go to SWA...
JFK rules. Greatest airport in the world. Airlines from countries you never even heard of. Back in the glory days of Pan Am and TWA it was rumored that 1/4 of the world's 747's passed through every day.

Beech D45 said:
Another point is it appears that B6 pilots do alot more defending than LUV pilots.

I see this also, and many more attacks on the jetBlue pilots than on LUV. Maybe its because right now, LUV is the pay leader.

GogglesPisano said:
JFK rules. Greatest airport in the world. Airlines from countries you never even heard of. Back in the glory days of Pan Am and TWA it was rumored that 1/4 of the world's 747's passed through every day.
The airport is OK.
Unfortunately, it's located in NYC.

p.s. This is my favorite post#, BTW!

Latest resources

Back