• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue 5 year contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most professioal jobs have yearly contracts pertaining to compensation, bonus, commissions, time off, sick leave, leave of absence, insurance etc. and the YEARLY review. CEO's have contracts with the Board of Directors.

JetBlue has the same but also includes airline topics such as Reserve, seat locks, training, travel benefits etc. and a 5 year renewal. The 5 year renewal is a none event.

hmm

k9nole said:
Most professioal jobs have yearly contracts pertaining to compensation, bonus, commissions, time off, sick leave, leave of absence, insurance etc. and the YEARLY review. CEO's have contracts with the Board of Directors.

JetBlue has the same but also includes airline topics such as Reserve, seat locks, training, travel benefits etc. and a 5 year renewal. The 5 year renewal is a none event.

Most professional jobs that have contracts are not seniority based and thus these professionals have a lot more options if it doesn't work out after the contracted period. I have watched this topic for a long time and I understand the need to defend your company - I am guilty too at times. However, when a corporation has you sign something, it is not for your protection.

Goose17

Goose17: that's the feeling I've had about this as well. You can be sure that there is a reason for it and that it does not benefit the employee.
That said, I hope that it really remains a "non-event" for all the B6 folks out there.

Capn Mike and others...

I read all of those links. They are so full of possible sarcasm and misinformation that I have not idea what the 5 year contract is about. This board is so full of condescending A55HOLES that even the experienced pilots sometimes can't understand what is truth or fiction.

Erlanger,

The 5 year contract is either a renewable thing that isn't a big deal OR,

The 5 year contract means you start over at 1st year FO pay every 5 years.

It's split 50/50 on which is the case in previous posts. Good luck with getting you simple questions answered on this board.

AWACoff

k9nole said:
Most professioal jobs have yearly contracts pertaining to compensation, bonus, commissions, time off, sick leave, leave of absence, insurance etc. and the YEARLY review.

I'd disagree with that statement. I was an engineer for 11 years before becoming a pilot and I never once signed an annual contract for the companies I worked for. In addition, many of my family members and my wife are accountants and they've never signed an annual contract with their employers. Now, the employers might have POLICIES regarding pay, vacation, etc., but no one I know had to sign an annual contract with their employer unless that person was actually a contract employee and not a regular, full-time employee.

Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled debate.

Last edited:
when a corporation has you sign something, it is not for your protection

Goose17 has nailed it. Something behind that contract and you guys are idiots for signing it.

Southwest not bringing the industry down anymore ... JetBlue is.

RJ

Guitar Guy said:
I'd disagree with that statement. I was an engineer for 11 years before becoming a pilot and I never once signed an annual contract for the companies I worked for. In addition, many of my family members and my wife are accountants and they've never signed an annual contract with their employers. Now, the employers might have POLICIES regarding pay, vacation, etc., but no one I know had to sign an annual contract with their employer unless that person was actually a contract employee and not a regular, full-time employee.

Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled debate.

I'm a jetblue pilot and I've never signed an annual contract, just a 5 year one.
I had a contract with DAL signed on my behalf by my union. It was voided after 7 months by the company.

Latest resources

Back