Jetblue 5 year contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wndshr said:
I swear I am right...you go back to right seat after the 5 years and start over. I was told this directly from a NWA CA...he was a whale driver too!

Was he trying to sell you oceanfront property in Arizona as well???

What did he tell you about JetBlue paying for fuel?

Last edited:
RJ, please. Let me get this straight, now JB is bringing the industry down because of a 5 yr contract? You need help. Someone needs to hit you between the legs with a bat so that you don't reproduce.

FlyAuburn,

Unable to reproduce now ... and no, you need help. You never sign any contract as a condition of employment ... and yes, the bringing the industry down batan has been handed to those who have to re-apply for their job and get bumped back to F/O after five years... not at SWA, nor any other airline I can think of.

Someone needs to hit you between the eyes and knock some sense in ya.

RJ

RJones said:
FlyAuburn,

Unable to reproduce now ... and no, you need help. You never sign any contract as a condition of employment ... and yes, the bringing the industry down batan has been handed to those who have to re-apply for their job and get bumped back to F/O after five years... not at SWA, nor any other airline I can think of.

Someone needs to hit you between the eyes and knock some sense in ya.

RJ

RJ...i want to know why you think re applying for a job after 5 years to allow a FO to upgrade is bad...after 5 years the CA has had a good run making some awesome cash...now it is the FO's turn...either re apply and go back to FO seat or find another job. this is the major reason morale is high at jetblue and nowhere else! it is great for the company too...it saves LOTS of money and that is good job security for the pilots.

Erlanger said:
I had asked a Jetblue jumpseater this same question and he too, got defensive and evasive with the answer.

Typical. I've asked a couple of JetBlue jumpseaters the same questions, and they always refuse to answer in a straightforward manner. Take a look at other JetBlue threads on this board. Anytime a JetBlue pilot says anything remotely pessimistic about the company, a hoard of JBlue pilots pile on telling them that "These things don't belong on a public board!" What exactly are the Blue-aid-drinking cultists trying to hide?

PCL_128....
Hey, you know me. If you wanted the information on the 5 year contract you could have emailed me or pm'd me. I know most of the guys that commute from MSP and DTW and they would all be happy to explain it. I think that maybe they are not quick to answer due to the fact that we get interrogated by guys on the jumpseat 95% of the time, and usually its by guys who have no idea what they are talking about since they base all their info off this website. JB is much better than PCL ever was. I do not regret the jump at all and would encourage anyone there to put their stuff in here. I would even help 99% of the guys there since I know most of them. For the last time, the 5 year contract is a non issue. It is simply a contract of work rules that protects both sides. It states what they can and cant do and vise versa. Spells out pay, time off, senority, upgrade, etc etc. It covers everything that the alpo contract would cover. Yes, there are some issues that can be worked on like the scheduling guide, although I get on average 15-17 days off with 85 hours so I am not bitching too much about it. When was the last time you got that at pcl as a middle of pack fo? I am not upset with you but you know that if you want info, or even a peek at the contract you could have just contacted me.

Sully

Who is hiding something? The contract automaticaly renews itself. Spelled out in the contract are specific actions which can lead to dismissal as in a union/ALPA contract.
As for answering questions in a straight forward manner the party or parties involved most likely never read the agreement. Its simple to read, easy to understand and easier to discuss.

Yeah, well, all of these answers are really informative. Thank you. Now on to the next question: I hear that JetBlue makes their pilots sign a five year contract. What is that all about?

Lol :)

Just an outsider here, but I wonder what the effect of this 5 year contract is if you have an incident or accident. Are there clauses that give the company discretion?

While landing one day, the FO touches down an as he is bringing the nose down we both see a LARGE rock, on the centerline. Too late. We hit the small boulder and taxi to the gate after checking systems and controllability. Airport found the chunk of concrete and paid for the damage. This thing was at least 12"X12"X12". Would JetBlue have the right to terminate a pilot (or not renew the contract) because of some accidental damage?

Is there a digital copy of this document? Are there disclosure clauses that prevent anyone from posting a blank copy as a sticky note??

Latest resources

Back