Jet Blue E190 sightings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
conman said:
Why not call it a 90 vs. a 190. After all 90 bucks an hour is all it will pay for a 12 year guy. My son's pee wee baseball coach charges 75 per hour to put a ball on a tee and say "Hit the ball straight."

Nice......JackA$$

conman said:
Why not call it a 90 vs. a 190. After all 90 bucks an hour is all it will pay for a 12 year guy. My son's pee wee baseball coach charges 75 per hour to put a ball on a tee and say "Hit the ball straight."

I doubt that a 12 yr guy / gal will still be on the 190. If so, it was by choice. Sure everyone agrees that the pay is low on it. No debate there. Hopefully, that will be addressed, at some point down the road after the plane flys some block hours, and the true costs can be determined. It's also hard to find quality F/Os that may upgrade to 190 captain in 1 1/2 years, and can afford to work for $37 / hr.

My personal opinion is that the Bus and the 190 should pay the same. UPS used that thinking for years, and might still, I'm not sure.

You will see new cities announced for sure on the 190. That's the entire reason for getting the airplane in the first place.

The whole pay issue on the 190 is so old on this board..... B6 is still a fledgling airline operating/growing/profitable in historically one of the most difficult times in aviation history. The plane has never flown a revenue flight yet. It is much smarter to keep the pay lower and not have to adjust it lower than to start it out higher and have to lower it later. Smart management. If pay is still low 5 years from now when B6 is "established" then people can argue. But now everyone should realize that our "extra" pay is being used to grow B6 into a large and powerfull company that will sustain all of us into our retirement while hopefully posting profitable years that will continue to add to our profit sharing. I'm furloughed and don't ever want to go through that again. So I believe in how B6 is being steered and don't ever want to become arrogant or greedy as a pilot group. We've all seen what arrogance and greed will do to airlines, whether it be a legacy or a past LCC failure.

It continues to amaze me how people put all the blame on the current situation on B6 when there are constant post's about terrible exec's getting huge bonus payouts, other airlines that can undercut everyone else due to fuel hedges and/or years in bankruptcy while their bottom line doesn't count...In an industry that has thousands of airplanes operating in the US on a daily basis, an operator like B6 w/ only 80 airplanes is not the root cause of everyone's problems... just a small contributing factor. Maybe if people put their energy towards fixing their own airline instead of bashing and blaming B6 for their woes, they would be actually getting somewhere...

just my $.02

tail

The only people putting the blame on LCC's are those at Legacy's who are whistling past the graveyard.

JB E190 pay is $h!t. So is the starting pay at UPS. Starting pay sucks. If you are in your 20's who cares--you are supposed to make crap pay. If you are in your mid-40's and starting over because the airline business screwed you over, well, it sucks to be me... er, I mean it sucks to be you. ;)

These days, you go somewhere and hope. You hope your company stays in business. You hope fuel doesn't keep going up. You hope you don't get bought. At some carriers, you hope the expansion keeps going and you get to upgrade soon. At others, you hope the pay increases so you can make a living.

I hope we all get to make it to retirement and can still afford decent beer on SSI! :D TC

I don't think there is a single B6 guy that thinks the 190 Captain pay is good. But as of right now I think guys are holding out to see how it's deployed, how the yield turns out and whether the pay will come up. It's a no-brainer that the pay is not good but at least we have faith in our management that they will do the right thing for us when the company can afford it. And the pilots understand (b/c most of us came from legacy carriers or broken companies where ALPA lost the bubble years ago) this and have the faith in management and the understanding that right now, in this environment that we are not going to get more or should get any more for the sake of the operation. B6 will probably never be the highest paid airline, but I'd rather get a steady decent paycheck the rest of my career than have to subsidize further furloughs and try to reap all of my pay at the end of my career, like the ALPA way, if you will.

You forgot that really cool title the company gave you too! jet Pilot

Kind of like Woody on Cheers getting to be the "senior bar tender technician' instead of getting a raise.

Rationalize it any way you want, but the 190 pilots are being paid as if they were being flown by a "connection or express type carrier".

That may sit ok with you guys, but everyone else is free to comment about it as well.

If it truely doesn't bother you than quit trying to defend the crappy pay rates. Bashing ALPA doesn't make your rates any better either.

Again, I have nothing against jB, and I wish thier pilots all the best.

Particularly 1-Tacan-Rule.

FJ

Lets just get one thing straight..........APLA is a scumbab operation and the longer you waste your money on it, eventually, you'll see Im so spot on target. Alpa looks out for one thing.......Alpa.

A lot of guys bash B6.... they've never worked a day at B6 or even ridden as a jumpseater or fare paying customer. I can bash ALPA all I want... I am an ALPA member, if you call it that. Better yet I've been furloughed by an ALPA carrier for over 3.5 years now. I think I am entitled to bash that worthless organization as much as I want. The more people I can convince about ALPA's worthlessness the better off B6 will be by keeping that POS organization out. I have nothing against FEDEX....except maybe they wouldn't interview me because I was furloughed by an ALPA carrier back in the summer of 02. That's no bullsh!t. That came from your still fearless leader Jack Lewis. Just another reason why I've got no love loss for ALPA....

I'm 2500 numbers deep in a no-furlough clause at an ALPA carrier. But wait...I have an idea. Let's get ALPA on the property here so we can begin the Ch. 11 process...then maybe I can be furloughed from two ALPA carrier's at once! I have trouble seeing the logic that some of you argue. I agree the pay rates are low on paper compared to the way things used to be. What are your suggestions? I have one...don't apply.

tailhookah said:
That came from your still fearless leader J*** L****. Just another reason why I've got no love loss for ALPA....
It's obvious that you're misdirecting your bitterness. ALPA has nothing to do with his hiring philosphy.

Latest resources

Back