• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look in the mirror

Falconjet said:
You forgot that really cool title the company gave you too! jet Pilot

Falconjet:
With all due respect and I think I speak for all of the JB guys, 90% or more of the pilots here have been to the circus and seen the puppet show. Sarcasm and condescending remarks really have no place here. Do you really think all the guys here joined JB to build jet time? Ask around and see what the competitive mins are...ask yourself how many here are furloughed from the Legacy carriers. Your comment is moronic and immature and it only reflects on your own insecurities. Who is the one that needs a title to validate their self worth?

Wake up and smell reality. We live in a free market economy and we do not get paid for what we're worth; rather we get paid what the market will bear. Can you quantifly how much an athlete is worth? 5-10 million/year for a QB in the NFL? It's what the market for bear! You can't quantify what a pilot is worth. If it were up to me I think we're all skygods and should be paid $300K/year with 21 days off per month. Unfortunately the aviation landscape has changed and that's reality. Honestly ask yourself what your skills are worth to corporate America if you were furloughed? Your skills and everyone else's on this board is worth exactly ZERO.

We pilots get lulled into thinking we're better than everyone else; especially when times were good and some got paid $250K/year. We start to believe we're worth that much and anything less would be an insult and a grave injustice to our profession. I'm happy that some did get paid that much; hell...I want everyone to get paid that much. Fact of the matter is our piloting skills and experience is a trade, and like any other trade it's subject to market forces.

Want to be heard here? Say something half way intelligent.

tailhookah said:
The whole pay issue on the 190 is so old on this board..... B6 is still a fledgling airline operating/growing/profitable in historically one of the most difficult times in aviation history. The plane has never flown a revenue flight yet. It is much smarter to keep the pay lower and not have to adjust it lower than to start it out higher and have to lower it later. Smart management. If pay is still low 5 years from now when B6 is "established" then people can argue. But now everyone should realize that our "extra" pay is being used to grow B6 into a large and powerfull company that will sustain all of us into our retirement while hopefully posting profitable years that will continue to add to our profit sharing. I'm furloughed and don't ever want to go through that again. So I believe in how B6 is being steered and don't ever want to become arrogant or greedy as a pilot group. We've all seen what arrogance and greed will do to airlines, whether it be a legacy or a past LCC failure.

It continues to amaze me how people put all the blame on the current situation on B6 when there are constant post's about terrible exec's getting huge bonus payouts, other airlines that can undercut everyone else due to fuel hedges and/or years in bankruptcy while their bottom line doesn't count...In an industry that has thousands of airplanes operating in the US on a daily basis, an operator like B6 w/ only 80 airplanes is not the root cause of everyone's problems... just a small contributing factor. Maybe if people put their energy towards fixing their own airline instead of bashing and blaming B6 for their woes, they would be actually getting somewhere...

just my $.02

tail

And there you have it... "those darn greedy and arrogant pilots". Man, they have really brought the airlines to their knees! If we could have just nixed all those greedy lowlife pilots a long time ago we would all be making record profits now. Sure glad that you are showing us all the "new" road to a successful airline that will be around forever! And this from a pilot no less! On second thought, are you management? You sure sound like it.:confused:

It's a no-brainer that the pay is not good but at least we have faith in our management that they will do the right thing for us when the company can afford it. And the pilots understand (b/c most of us came from legacy carriers or broken companies.

So management will do the right thing. Wow!!! Just ask the SW FA's how hard they had to fight to get a contract. How about the UPS pilots working for a highly profitable company. How is their contract going??

Wake up and smell reality. We live in a free market economy and we do not get paid for what we're worth; rather we get paid what the market will bear.

Imagine if you were a doctor, lawyer, CPA and the nurse, para-legal and office staff made more than you. That's precisely what we have in aviation. Air Traffic controllers make on average 165K per year. I don't begrudge them. I think they are worth every penny and then some. This downward spiral to the bottom has to stop.

Honestly ask yourself what your skills are worth to corporate America if you were furloughed?

Corporate America??????? Why is it we have the highest paid executives in the world??? Why do the CEO's of the big three automakers make substantially more than their Japanese counterparts who make a superior product??? You never get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate.

JethroF15 said:
And there you have it... "those darn greedy and arrogant pilots". Man, they have really brought the airlines to their knees! If we could have just nixed all those greedy lowlife pilots a long time ago we would all be making record profits now. Sure glad that you are showing us all the "new" road to a successful airline that will be around forever! And this from a pilot no less! On second thought, are you management? You sure sound like it.:confused:

Easy there, Jethro. This individual was referring to the often-ignored axiom of "Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword." Think about it. History whispers some succinct lessons as long as we're not deaf enough to hear them.

SCR

I am fully aware that the rates are low on the B6 190....but how come nobody complains that AWA 90 seaters pay $11 less per hour than B6 190's on 2nd year pay?

Oh....they are Mesa? Silly me!!! You mean AWA pilots are not flying those jets? How come?

I am sure there must be some new hires at AWA that would like to find themselves in the left seat of a 90 seat jet in their second year....right??? Especially when the U/AWA integration begins!

Latest resources

Back