• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was my first time applying to JetBlue. When the window closes, does the first officer job opening disappear from the website? Does the window close on September 10th at 2359 Eastern?

Typically yes.

Does anyone know when the interviews are going to take place? How long of a lead time do they give you to call and beg your chief pilot for time off?

Interviews are going on right now. Typically you are given a week to a month but many times someone cancels so they try to fill the slot.

I am no expert, but something seems slightly off. JetBlue seems to be recruiting, interviewing and hiring very aggressively. Yet some guys are complaining about the bid divisors being low and I don't think the next deliveries are until next year.

It "seems" like they are getting ahead of themselves. I am not implying they are making a mistake, I am wondering if there is something that is not public yet in the plans.

But, I will be the first to admit that I could be completely wrong. Either way, hiring is good.

I am no expert, but something seems slightly off. JetBlue seems to be recruiting, interviewing and hiring very aggressively. Yet some guys are complaining about the bid divisors being low and I don't think the next deliveries are until next year.

It "seems" like they are getting ahead of themselves. I am not implying they are making a mistake, I am wondering if there is something that is not public yet in the plans.

But, I will be the first to admit that I could be completely wrong. Either way, hiring is good.
Very good question!!!! Why are we ramping up so quickly while the rest of the carriers are still movings at a snails pace to recall, hire etc???

man-I just checked my application-changed some wording to better reflect me and my goals in my cover letter. But one would think that almost 5500 total time, and almost 1300 PIC-BA from a big ten school and 14 years in the army would make it so I would hear something.

The bid divisors are down because its september and october. Down about 200 hours from july in my base/equipment. Pretty normal pull down for every airline this time of year.

Plane deliveries continue as well. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTAxMTcyfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

2 E190's scheduled for the 3rd quarter.
1 A320 and 1 E190 scheduled for the 4th quarter.

The bid divisors are down because its september and october. Down about 200 hours from july in my base/equipment. Pretty normal pull down for every airline this time of year.

Plane deliveries continue as well. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTAxMTcyfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

2 E190's scheduled for the 3rd quarter.
1 A320 and 1 E190 scheduled for the 4th quarter.

Maybe, but the 3rd quarter is 2/3 over. Those guys should already be on the line for 3rd quarter delivery. Still seems like more recruiting, interviewing, hiring and new hire classes than what that delivery schedule would explain. Maybe not though.

what about next year? If they hire now it would be for next year I should think

man-I just checked my application-changed some wording to better reflect me and my goals in my cover letter. But one would think that almost 5500 total time, and almost 1300 PIC-BA from a big ten school and 14 years in the army would make it so I would hear something.

This is probably a dumb question (seeing that I didn't attend a Big 10 school) but, does the Big 10 have a reputation for great academics? That is the first time I have heard of a football conference (other than Ivy league) being associated with academic prestige.

Not questioning the benefits of your other achievements/service, just what makes a Big Ten school degree so special. Maybe I'm in the dark about this.

Latest resources

Back