• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is probably a dumb question (seeing that I didn't attend a Big 10 school) but, does the Big 10 have a reputation for great academics? That is the first time I have heard of a football conference (other than Ivy league) being associated with academic prestige.

This reminds me:

-What does the n stand for in Auburn?

-Nowledge.

This is probably a dumb question (seeing that I didn't attend a Big 10 school) but, does the Big 10 have a reputation for great academics? That is the first time I have heard of a football conference (other than Ivy league) being associated with academic prestige.

Not questioning the benefits of your other achievements/service, just what makes a Big Ten school degree so special. Maybe I'm in the dark about this.

LOL!!! I went to an ACC school, so I'm in baby!!!!!

LOL!!! I went to an ACC school, so I'm in baby!!!!!

Nah, you're outta luck, because you only have T-44 time. You gotta have C-12 time as well.

The University of Minnesota is not a football school. maybe some of the other big ten schools are, but I think because you are in the dark about it-you cannot see that many Big Ten schools have academic excellence and a great reputation. That being said, I applaud those who have on line degrees or from a state school (I think education is important)-I was just saying that an education from a University (big ten-was said to give an idea what school it was) is a step above other types of education. Just as it is well known that an Ivy League education is a step above most universities.

I would argue that just because someone pays more for a school does not mean it is a better education. But maybe because an education at that school is so valued, they can charge that much. Just food for thought. -----oh god did I just say that the University of North Dakota has an excellent program?

Good luck to all who applied along side me

The University of Minnesota is not a football school. maybe some of the other big ten schools are, but I think because you are in the dark about it-you cannot see that many Big Ten schools have academic excellence and a great reputation. That being said, I applaud those who have on line degrees or from a state school (I think education is important)-I was just saying that an education from a University (big ten-was said to give an idea what school it was) is a step above other types of education. Just as it is well known that an Ivy League education is a step above most universities.

I would argue that just because someone pays more for a school does not mean it is a better education. But maybe because an education at that school is so valued, they can charge that much. Just food for thought. -----oh god did I just say that the University of North Dakota has an excellent program?

not trying to bust your bubble but i went to community college and got called.

The University of Minnesota is not a football school. maybe some of the other big ten schools are, but I think because you are in the dark about it-you cannot see that many Big Ten schools have academic excellence and a great reputation.

Any school that gave the world Garrison Keillor has got to be the bee's knees. Just ask him.

Just so I make sure I have this right...

The U of M is a step above a state school. A state school being publicly funded, by definition.

Where does University of Phoenix fit in this ladder. It is online, but has the magic "University" word in the name. Is that only half a step below? Where do the "Colleges" fit into this scheme (i.e. Boston College). I am fascinated by this higher education hierarchy...that my University for some reason never taught me.

How many schools are in the Big Ten?

Last edited:

The U of M is a step above a state school. A state school being publicly funded, by definition.

You have to know something about Minnesota mentality to understand the whole "a step above" concept. Minnesotans are not OK with just being flyover country with brutal winters and skeeters the size of the 757-300, so over the decades Minneapolis became "a step above" just Omaha with sports teams, the U of M became "a step above" just a state school and lutefisk became "a step above" just cod with lye.

Full disclosure: I lived in Minnesota for twelve years and am the only non-Scandinavian I know who actually likes lutefisk.

Where does University of Phoenix fit in this ladder. It is online, but has the magic "University" word in the name. Is that only half a step below? Where do the "Colleges" fit into this scheme (i.e. Boston College). I am fascinated by this higher education hierarchy...that my University for some reason never taught me.

How many schools are in the Big Ten?

University of Pheonix is a for profit college, as is itt tech....................

Latest resources

Back