• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JBLU Management Answers Back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can still be happy and be unionized. Ask the next SWA pilot you see.

You can still be happy and be unionized. Ask the next SWA pilot you see.

+1

There is simply an appropriate way to do business. Would you buy a car on a handshake? Buy a house where the terms weren't spelled out and gone over exactly. Your career is bigger than any of that.
Does your CEO have a legal and binding contract?

Those who you can truly trust and will do right by you have no problem putting it in writing.

If JBlu mgmt were truly worried about ALPa national they would have not played the same fear-mongering game when you tried to go in-house.
Like Herb did.

Do not brush aside that swa is the most heavily unionized airline in the world. It proves everything I just said.

DING DING DING.... My first and ONLY airline. Isn't that a rare thing nowadays!!! 12 years and counting... How many other ALPA careers follow this kind of path?

^^^Man, this explains soooooo much^^^

As for your question, nothing more than luck and a decision made with the best possible info at the time. Guys have been hired at the best carriers in thier 20's and been captains for years while others can't manage to keep a good job for half a decade. CONGRATS!! you are a lucky one. I hope you stay lucky man. history says you probably won't but I hope you do.

I am not sure why all of you guys think that those of us comeing from the regionals are going to be content with what we have. Ya. It is a huge step up, and yes that will make a new hire happy. However I have spent the last 6 years at my regional trying to make it better in every way, so I am sure I will spend the next 30 (hopefully) at B6 trying to do the same. Dont just assume we are all a bunch of "Jokers" just because we are a happy. Seeing a lot of happy B6 pilots in my JS over the years is why I applied in the first place.

I have flown with a lot of new folks recently. I think many thought this place was different but it's not. It might be better than your previous carrier but we have a looooong way to go. I'm hearing familiar excuses from the new folks like....I haven't been here long so I am on the fence....or I don't want to lose what we have. What you have is nothing and can be changed via an e-mail, You have zero representation, the PVC is ineffective and a student council at best.

Listen and make your decision wisely. I GUARANTEE you if this drive fails there will be another one within two years. That will be two years of WASTED time. We may not have much time left and could very well be sold by then.

When United-Continental and Delta-Northwest pilots leave and form their own in-house unions (and they will, it only makes sense with the $$$$millions they keep to themselves), what will ALPA look like then? What will our dues look like to keep up with their fixed costs? Who will be left? ALPA had their own employees strike against them... Great organization!!!

Our model at JBLU has worked for 12 years. It is unique. It is not perfect. But not one pilot here has lost his job to a furlough. Not one pilot has been asked to give back any pay. How many unionized carriers can state that fact? Heck Airtran, Spirit, Alaska, American, United, Continental, Delta, Northwest, Mesa, and a host of others HAVE furloughed... I look at facts... And I'll be the first to laugh at the furloughs we have under ALPA... Furlough clause or not (DALPA)... You can take that to the bank-- FACTS not rumors or speculations...

Show me cause and effect (i.e., ALPA on property was a direct cause for pilot furloughs, vice bad management decisions). Only then will your argument will have any merit. Right now your supposed "facts" do not cut it and only look like management talking points. I must ask you; have you been sharing pillow talk with Jenny lately?

Show me cause and effect (i.e., ALPA on property was a direct cause for pilot furloughs, vice bad management decisions). Only then will your argument will have any merit.

But they never have any merit. BB is the kind of guy who came directly from the military.

He thinks he's management. Unfortunately he's just BLUE collar labor...another enlisted puke with flying skills.

But they never have any merit. BB is the kind of guy who came directly from the military.

He thinks he's management. Unfortunately he's just BLUE collar labor...another enlisted puke with flying skills.

So what is your point about the military Fubi? I also came from the military (retired) directly to B6 and it didn't seem to cloud my view on the need for union representation in this industry. I can assume that at least BB served his country honorably doing what he loves most. We are all blue-collar for sure in this industry, however my military experience gave me more skills and abilities than just knowing how to fly an aircraft from point A to point B, and I am grateful for that fact each day in this lousy business. BTW, equating BB as just "another enlisted puke" shows your apparent ignorance about the high value the "enlisted" man/woman contributes to the success of our military.

Please, speedbird, don't get your panties in a wad. The point is that most of the guys who retire then go to the airlines are senior officers (O-5/O-6). They are total management mentality.

I didn't use the term "enlisted puke" to denigrate anyone. It was just to illustrate that we, as pilots, are merely the foot soldiers. We don't inhabit "officer country" any more and need to adjust our thinking to embrace the fact that we're just rank and file labor.

In fact, B6 does you guys a favor by dressing you in TSA blue. What more illustration do you need that you're just blue collar labor, whose costs can be cut at the whim of the guys in the management suite.

So what is your point about the military Fubi? I also came from the military (retired) directly to B6 and it didn't seem to cloud my view on the need for union representation in this industry. I can assume that at least BB served his country honorably doing what he loves most. We are all blue-collar for sure in this industry, however my military experience gave me more skills and abilities than just knowing how to fly an aircraft from point A to point B, and I am grateful for that fact each day in this lousy business. BTW, equating BB as just "another enlisted puke" shows your apparent ignorance about the high value the "enlisted" man/woman contributes to the success of our military.

You know- I don't disagree. But I'd love to see the Mil guys go after the ones that give you your bad rep, then the Civilian guy who points it out.

Is that the best you can do Fubi?

You are the type of pilot that gives unions bad names (knuckle-dragging goon), and if you want to promote the union cause and its true value to the fence-sitters and other non-believers, then get your sorry pathetic arse of these pilot boards and go ice yourself on some remote hockey rink. BTW, you're a laughing stock among your own at Alaska and I had some great laughs with some Alaska ALPA folks over your pilot buffoonery.

Now go run off and get lost, I need to go back to my pool and nurse a Corona.

Latest resources

Back