JBLU Management Answers Back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously, Dude...its like talking to a petulant teenager. Remember:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. Its a waste of your time and it irritates the pig."

Blue Bayou, you are most certainly entitled to your opinions, but with all due respect, you have probably done more than anyone to convince those reading to vote for ALPA.
I sure don't get were you think being ALPA means you get 1/2 pay for DH? Anyone can negotiate it if they want, but it certainly is not the norm.

My ALPA negotiated DH is 1/2 credit, FULL PAY. I don't know where he gets that stuff either.

I don't have to "get it". I just look at history. There aren't many ALPA carriers out there who haven't furloughed. (Delta, Northwest, United, Continental, Alaska, Airtran, Spirit and I'm sure I'm missing several others). Nor has ALPA prevented pilots from disappearing during M/As (TWA, Midwest). If for one moment, you think our first contract will not have some concessions in it, you're dreaming... Our guys will be hard pressed to come up with something big (retirement or health care) to show the troops the ALPA route was so right. They'll probably garner it... But don't be surprised if all of a sudden a furlough clause is penciled in, E190 pay drops, deadhead pay is 50%, no more trip/leg protections, or premium pay goes away with an 85 hour cap put in place... Don't worry though, we'll get it all back in the next contract!!! Heard any of that before???

BLUE BAYOU: Dont worry, you will not be furlough, you will let go .....maybe you will have no job if AMR buys JB and your JB management exercises your 5 year contract and you out with no job. Have you thought about that?
Or you trust your management soooo much...

They will sure complete the sale or merger easier without you...Look around you, Usair/AWA, United/CAL.

Management makes much more money when the SELL....JB will be sold alot easier with out YOU

Be smart, secure your family with a union and i dont care which one.

BTW AMR has 1800 on the street and 3000 at Eagle, they can cover JBs flying without you.

... And I'll be the first to laugh at the furloughs we have under ALPA... Furlough clause or not ...

Wow. This says as much about you as a person as anything I've ever read here. I know who you are Mr. F and you better believe this will come back to haunt you.

Should you ever desire redemption you'll have to start with full disclosure and a sincere apology.

Last edited:
I dont know why you guys give Blue Bayou, um, Mr F the time of day. This is the same guy that ratted a fellow pilot out for taxing slower than he liked. Blue Bayou, you can argue all day long for all I care but your posts dont make any sense and in the end, no matter what, you are still happy with the direct relationship that we keep getting shoved up our rears. For being someone who has been in the airline world for a while, you sure are clueless.

Last edited:
Blue Bayou, you can argue all day long for all I care but your posts dont make any sense and in the end, no matter what, you are still happy with the direct relationship that we keep getting shoved up our rears. For being someone who has been in the airline world for a while, you sure are clueless.

Well, they make sense if he's a management shill. You have to realize there is a certain percentage of guys at every airline who either:

1. Hate ALPA or Unions in general.
2. Are management wannbes.
3. Think Daddy Dave is going to take care of them no matter what.

Or a combination of the three. BB sounds like a 2/3 man to me.

I don't have to "get it". I just look at history. There aren't many ALPA carriers out there who haven't furloughed. (Delta, Northwest, United, Continental, Alaska, Airtran, Spirit and I'm sure I'm missing several others). Nor has ALPA prevented pilots from disappearing during M/As (TWA, Midwest). If for one moment, you think our first contract will not have some concessions in it, you're dreaming... Our guys will be hard pressed to come up with something big (retirement or health care) to show the troops the ALPA route was so right. They'll probably garner it... But don't be surprised if all of a sudden a furlough clause is penciled in, E190 pay drops, deadhead pay is 50%, no more trip/leg protections, or premium pay goes away with an 85 hour cap put in place... Don't worry though, we'll get it all back in the next contract!!! Heard any of that before???

How do you propose that we would furlough with 92 firm orders comming in the next 8 years? Thats nearly 1hull/month on average...

Oh, the pilots unionized... there goes the company. We'd best flush this billion dollar operation. Managment would be so upset that we unionized that they run the company into the ground and declare BK for full liquidation? REALLY DUDE?? They are so scared of ALPA that they signed on for 40+ new A/C to come starting in 2017 and that came... wait for it... after the ALPA filing with the NMB... sounds like we're hosed brotha.

There probably will be a furlough clause in the first contract. I welcome it. Because now in my PEA without one. I get 1 years severence with no guarantee of ever being called back. It would be much cheaper to hire a newb than to start me again at 5th year pay wouldn't it? Ah, they'd never do that.

Why exactly would anyone vote(yes you get to vote) on a contract with "LESS"?

We're !!M-A-K-I-N-G M-O-N-E-Y!!

Ah, no you think it'll take too long to get a CBA... well from PCG1 till now was how long? ah, nearly 6 years!!! Nope still no workaround to that LOL, LTD, STD, health care ect... We did get a nice raise on the E190... after... 4YEARS!

I do encourage you to keep up the good posts though. :beer:

Last edited:

Fox,

Do you proof read before you hit the submit button?

Jetblue hasn't furloughed because it hasn't needed. We need a furlough clause because currently it can be done out of seniority. Jetblue is already hiring and awarding A/C out of seniority. As for the TWA/AA integration try reading what actually happened before you use it as a reference. Over the past 7 or 8 years we have lost schedule productivity, insurance benefits, retirement benefits and COLA's. In the 5 years of alphabet soup we have accomplished almost nothing.

Jetblue understands that if they give people like you a small raise you will be satisfied with paying 40% for benefits when standard is 20%, retirement at 5% when standard is 13-15%, absolutely no merger protection, holding company issues, alter-ego issues, etc...

You keep drinking your blue juice and leave future planning to those who understand what is actually going on.

As for the "don't worry we'll get it back in the next contract" your right. We WILL get it back in the next contract. We don't have much to give up.

Latest resources

Back