• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JBLU Management Answers Back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
+1 on the strong LEC/MEC members. This most likely means those who do not want to run- ought to, and ought to be elected. A culture of service and sacrifice will serve you better than the political career track unions often lend themselves to.

This is the key to fully utilizing the advantages of your union. Especially ALPA.

There are three major species involved in the Union jungle. You will see 'ALPA fanboys' and 'management drones'. They will both be nominated. It happens consistently.

Species 1- ALPA Fanboy

The ALPA fanboys are looking for a career on the 'full buy highway'. They will be knowledgeable, cunning and politically savvy. Consult the mugshots in an ALPA magazine for examples of this increasingly common species.

Species 2- Management Drone

The management drones are far easier to identify. They are probably already prominent in your current pseudo union. A rarer species since the last guys crossed a picket line. They do remain however, and can be easily identified with a dirty sanchez detector or an ultraviolet light.

Species 3- The Ones you Need

The men and women who will be best for your union are the honest pilots with a commitment to the pilot group. Thankfully this species is easy to identify. Unfortunately this species will not come willingly and may only appear when the other two species have made a mess or have been eaten.

:pimp:

Last edited:
What did you expect would happen with that level of representation? Why isn't your airline part of an airline union?
I didn't expect much at all. Which is why I am dismayed that I havn't even gotten that.
Because teamsters was voted in as our union long before I got here.

A couple questions from a guy in the B6 pool. I have been doing as much reading on this ALPA topic as i can. Seeing how well teamsters has done at my current airline I have to admit I am not much of a pro union kind of guy at the moment. I do want what will be best for my career and family just like the rest of you so I do have a couple of questions.
1. Will ALPA be able to get that 10% of the flying the PVC gave away back.
2. I have heard the rumors of a B6 merger. Does this look like it is really a possibility, or is everyone just speculateing and guessing based on the current situation most airlines are in.
3. If ALPA does get voted in how long will it be until we are paying dues
4. When is the ammendable date of the contract
5. For all of you ALPA "major" guys in the know. How long does it take for ALPA to actually get a contract to the pilots to vote on.

If you want what's best for your career and your family, then don't work at JetBlue.

1. You will never upgrade so your lifetime earnings will suffer horribly. Growth is over. Jetblue is a cash cow and we are the milk maidens.

2. JetBlue has the WORST health insurance in the industry causing you to pay out of pocket for nearly everything. It's nothing more than a safety net. Ultimately, you will forego certain medical issues that you WOULD have taken care of at another airline.

3. Your retirement will be nearly 5% less over your career than other major airlines. That's close to a million dollars for most pilots.

Right now, Jetblue is little more than a stepping stone to a good airline job with good pay and benefits.

BlueBayou,

I asked this on another thread, but I'll ask again, is this your first airline job?

BlueBayou,

I asked this on another thread, but I'll ask again, is this your first airline job?

DING DING DING.... My first and ONLY airline. Isn't that a rare thing nowadays!!! 12 years and counting... How many other ALPA careers follow this kind of path?

If you want what's best for your career and your family, then don't work at JetBlue.

1. You will never upgrade so your lifetime earnings will suffer horribly. Growth is over. Jetblue is a cash cow and we are the milk maidens.

2. JetBlue has the WORST health insurance in the industry causing you to pay out of pocket for nearly everything. It's nothing more than a safety net. Ultimately, you will forego certain medical issues that you WOULD have taken care of at another airline.

3. Your retirement will be nearly 5% less over your career than other major airlines. That's close to a million dollars for most pilots.

Right now, Jetblue is little more than a stepping stone to a good airline job with good pay and benefits.

1. Second year FO pay is the same as my 6th year Captain pay at my regional. So Ill take my chances

2. Good thing I'm on my wifes insurance then.

3. Again way more than my regional gives

4. What airlines have you been applying to then. Because as it is FEDEX hasn't called me yet. I do hope you get called to one of them though. 1 closer to my eventual upgrade.

1. Second year FO pay is the same as my 6th year Captain pay at my regional. So Ill take my chances

2. Good thing I'm on my wifes insurance then.

3. Again way more than my regional gives

4. What airlines have you been applying to then. Because as it is FEDEX hasn't called me yet. I do hope you get called to one of them though. 1 closer to my eventual upgrade.

And this is why JB hired jokers like $$$4nothin.

DING DING DING.... My first and ONLY airline. Isn't that a rare thing nowadays!!! 12 years and counting... How many other ALPA careers follow this kind of path?

Actually, ALPA has nothing to do with, they are not the reason an airline makes it or not, otherwise the skies would only be filled by non-union carriers, but clearly that isn't the case.

However, I will say congrats, scoring a job at a growing airline right out of the military is a great deal indeed.

What you do not understand, is how this job came to be something worthwhile, it wasn't because management wanted it to be so, it was because pilots fought for it, walked the line for it and in some cases, only through their deaths, did we make it safer for every one.

You truly do need to take of your blue colored glasses, this isn't the military, this is a completely different business, Big Blue does not care about you. You might think they do, but they don't, you are simply a number on a piece of paper, moving planes.

Do me a favor, read some books, like Flying the line part 1 and 2, for starters.

We didn't get here by chance, we got here because someone made some hard choices.

Latest resources

Back