• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots file with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chef you used to make me angry but now I love you that is some great $hit !!!!

Well, as an adult, I learned long ago, that when it comes to the internet -- you don't have to have the last word.

Will you DORKS please take this to another thread?

Seriously, this thread is about JB and the NMB -- not a discussion about the Founding Fathers, God, the evolution of the Union, the Magna Carta, or whether Sleestacks on the TV show "The Land of the Lost" harmed an entire generation of children.

START ANOTHER F-IN THREAD YOU JAGNUTS.
Hey BV,
I tried to quit because Rez is on "autobabble". Please drop the plural form of "Dorks" to the singular "Dork". If you do not, I will continue to argue with him starting with the political rights of the cave man.

J32:

That statement about a woman cuts both ways. I have been sold out by a union more than I have by management.

I choose to trust the people that run this company. They are not perfect and they will admit it. When was the last time a union admitted fault? I don't trust ALPA and believe it or not, continuing down this road you may get what you did not ask for.

When I accepted the job with JB, I knew what the conditions of my employment were. I won't go back now and complain about it in the environment we find ourselves.

A350

Good Post A350 !!!!!!!

[Bavarian Chef]Huh? Why would it need to be a new amendment? They decide to stop the 5% PSP and they do, no amendment needed. What part of the PEA says they have to continue to honor it?

Better yet -- ask the company what they say about this. That is if you can get a straight answer.

Dude, your "I Believe Button" is big, red and shiny. And apparently too hard to resist.

Unemployment at an all time hi....the Dow at a six year low B6 stock down 15% and you guys want to drive labour costs up...great idea. My so called "believe" button is no more than a red shiny "go away" button. I agree areas in the PEA are open to interpretation, so is the need for a CBA. After all CBA's have done such wonderful things for retirement funds industry wide right?:rolleyes:

Look around except for SWA in the airline industry and soon to be UAW. UAW had 300,000+ members they are now down to 150,000...

Unions = Job losses

No protection from anything now in this economy. So far JBLU has not furloughed. This NMB filing has now, if anything, encouraged our leaders to suspend any kind of improvements to our QOL, pay, and benefits until this vote is done. Thanks JBPA!!!

Jetblue is looking like USAIR in the 80's. Lots of hiring and suddenly boom. There will be have and the have nots. Just a few years will make the difference. Timing is everything. It will be like USAIR DOH 1985 or 1988. At Jetblue, it will be 2004 and 2007.
There will be almost 0 retirements at Jetble in the future. So, the only way to upgrade will be more growth, which I do not see.

Anyway, JetBlue is still a great product. If your product would not be as good , you would have been gone by now.

Good luck to all the Jetblue Pilots. With or without a Union.

M

Last edited:
This NMB filing has now, if anything, encouraged our leaders to suspend any kind of improvements to our QOL, pay, and benefits until this vote is done. Thanks JBPA!!!

What improvements BB? Oh, you mean the ones that JR says they cannot give because we are now in "laboratory conditions"?

I have to tell you, from my personal perspective, that there has not been a single real improvement since I started here a "long" time ago. The last real improvement was in 2002, since then, all the company has done is shift money around, everything has essentially been cost neutral, looked good on paper, but a bit of investigation would have shown no actual improvement.

I like it here, I like the company and I respect Barger, but I also realize, that the time has come to actually have a say in the matter. I am hopefully a career employee, 24 years to go, so I want to see the company succeed. I also want to see my contribution to the success of the company acknowledged. The company had an excellent opportunity with the PCRB, but they completely dropped the ball.

I don't want much, a payscale that at least acknowledges inflation and no one sided changes to the scheduling manual.

The hope that the company will do the right thing, when they have continuously shown no such intent isn't the way to go forward. Hope isn't a plan.

This NMB filing has now, if anything, encouraged our leaders to suspend any kind of improvements to our QOL, pay, and benefits until this vote is done. Thanks JBPA!!!

Which improvements are those? You were expecting improvements between now and the time when the vote will be taken in a few weeks? The company has had two shots at "annual" reviews and both were farces. For the last one, they flatly ignored the report they themselves commissioned. And notice that there hasn't even been an an announcement as to when future "annual" reviews will even occur, much less when action might be taken. All that has happened is to discuss initiating a framework to schedule the commencement of a plan to begin to start to set up yet more committees, which even when constituted will be merely advisory in nature. Which similar advice has been repeated ignored in the past.

All this and you blame JBPA? Where have you been the last few years?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back