JB pilots file with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J32:

That statement about a woman cuts both ways. I have been sold out by a union more than I have by management.

I choose to trust the people that run this company. They are not perfect and they will admit it. When was the last time a union admitted fault? I don't trust ALPA and believe it or not, continuing down this road you may get what you did not ask for.

When I accepted the job with JB, I knew what the conditions of my employment were. I won't go back now and complain about it in the environment we find ourselves.

A350

Unions are democracies. Corporations are not.

So if you don't like democracies then why are you an American?

It is a stretch but I say it to illustrate my point....

Are you happy with our democratic US Gov't? Are there corrupt representatives?

Despite all the flaws of democracy it is still the chosen from of representation. And the Best.

Recall at jB you do not have representation. No voice. Your opinion might be asked for, but it is apparent that it is not (that) valued.

If it is righteous for us to celebrate democracy as US citizens then why not as US pilots? Where is the disconnect?

In addition, we are only talking about representation on the local level... IOW between you and your management. And that is fine, but jB management doesn't write the CFRs: FARs, RLA, NTSB, etc...

jB pilots are effected by federal law in so many ways.... take age 60 for example.... you guys just took the law as written. Sure you could've created an ad hoc committee but how many times are you going to do that for each issue?

Globalization is going to effect you in so many ways... and not to be a part of the changes is crazy...

In addition jB is a member of the ATA. You could call the ATA a union for airlines. The ATA is the airline lobby group that speaks to congress. Why is ok that jB corp can have representation, but not the pilots?

As Americans you have the right to address your Congress, the very body that will effect your careers.....

Unions are democracies. Corporations are not.

So if you don't like democracies then why are you an American?

It is a stretch but I say it to illustrate my point....

Are you happy with our democratic US Gov't? Are there corrupt representatives?

Despite all the flaws of democracy it is still the chosen from of representation. And the Best.

Recall at jB you do not have representation. No voice. Your opinion might be asked for, but it is apparent that it is not (that) valued.

If it is righteous for us to celebrate democracy as US citizens then why not as US pilots? Where is the disconnect?

In addition, we are only talking about representation on the local level... IOW between you and your management. And that is fine, but jB management doesn't write the CFRs: FARs, RLA, NTSB, etc...

jB pilots are effected by federal law in so many ways.... take age 60 for example.... you guys just took the law as written. Sure you could've created an ad hoc committee but how many times are you going to do that for each issue?

Globalization is going to effect you in so many ways... and not to be a part of the changes is crazy...

In addition jB is a member of the ATA. You could call the ATA a union for airlines. The ATA is the airline lobby group that speaks to congress. Why is ok that jB corp can have representation, but not the pilots?

As Americans you have the right to address your Congress, the very body that will effect your careers.....

When you write this crap do you envision yourself in at some grass airfield somewhere back in the early 1920's in a leather coat with a scarf around your neck standing on a soapbox? Should we just start calling you Big Bill Hopson?

You're kidding. You cannot compare today's enviroment to that of the airmail pilots of the 1920's. I know you will disagree, but the two situation are not related. You are a shining example of why labor in the US has been losing ground. Your belief that if you are union you're good and non-union is bad.

Sure they are related. Management wants to make money and is constantly pushing pilots to the limits and beyond. are you saying that doesn't go on in todays environment?

There is no pilot pushing.??

It is all about representation. either you have it or you don't. This is America.
When we buy a house we have representation. When we go to court we have representation. We we get divorced we have representation.

Union leadership has followed the basic principle that more membership is the way to go. Why you ask? Because more members means both more dues money and more influence. It's all about power and prestige instead of helping the fellow employee. It is rare to find a union leader that actually has the worker's best intrest in mind.

Again, you are talking about the democracy... is our gov't really that different? Yet I don't see a strong movement to rid ourselves of congressmen, presidents and judges...

Why is representation ok as citizens but not as employees.... especially as employees who happen to be pilots, operating on thin profit margins and a complex safety environment...

Are you saying the management knows pilot issues better than pilots? That management knows what is best for you more than you do?

Rez,

You are truly a sick and delusional person.

If you really are a pilot, you're lucky the airman's medical doesn't call for a pysch evaluation.

Your mantra should be "if your not ALPO, you're a commie"

Obviously this will get heated, that is just how these things work.

Been at jetblue a while, seen a lot of changes, some good, some bad, well, mostly bad.

Since the revised contract of 2002, I have gone down in purchasing power, and medical cost have gone up, up and away. Today, someone who was a Captain under the 2002 contract, makes the less today. The longevity step is less than inflation. The PCRB showed what our pay should be adjusted for inflation, we are 10-15/hr below that. In addition, we are, even discounting SWA and the freight carriers, below average in straight hourly compensation, but let us not forget, that we have no retirement plan other than a 401(K) with a company match less than industry standard.

The PCRB report and the MIT airline study shows us to at the bottom in just about all areas, 401(K), trip rigs, duty rigs, allowable working hours, PTO hours etc., etc.

As for furloughing, there is actually talk that we might be hiring in the not so distant future, take that fwiw. Look at the bid divisors, it really never hit 70, consistently above, heck, look at December.

As for the JBPA, who is to say, that they do not negotiate similar to what we have now, a potential lowering of the bid divisor to keep from furloughing.

The company is coming out with guns blazing, terms such as "zeroing contracts, starting from scratch, against furloughing, potential raises but in laboratory conditions" are rife in their emails. Well, that is no different than the abusive husband who promises to stop beating his wife!

Reread the PCRB conclusion, reead the MIT study that JR has never seen and if you still don't believe we have something to gain from representation, than don't vote.

6+ years have shown me, that the company isn't about to live up to the promises given!

Rez,

You are truly a sick and delusional person.

If you really are a pilot, you're lucky the airman's medical doesn't call for a pysch evaluation.

Your mantra should be "if your not ALPO, you're a commie"

Why not debate my post section by section...

I choose to trust the people that run this company.

A350

That's the fundamental point -- whether one trusts the company to do what's right or whether the company will underwhelm for as many years as they can get away with it. Now it is a matter of opinion of what the company thinks is "right" and for whom. I can only point to the PCRB, the PCG and the ongoing IROP saga as examples of whether the company really does the right thing.

It really is an important point. I joke about the cult thing maybe a little too harshly, but it ain't that far off in the sense that there are some that really believe JB management would not do anything to jeopardize or harm the career of a JB pilot (I know, many say they already have).

At least they fired VS though. That's a step in the right direction.

How about you worry about the laundry list of problems at AirTran and stop sticking your nose into every union organizing drive? How long have you guys been negotiating your contract? How long have you gone without an increase in your pay or benefits? How about that union of yours that sold out 100+ pilots so a few instructors could keep their jobs? Don't tell me I need a union. For all the reasons above and then some AirTran obviously needs a union, JetBlue does not.

Why vote yes? I don't see the advantage. We have a good relationship with management. I've seen our pay increase every year with a bigger increase than I would have received with a CBA. Why in the world would I want someone else to speak for me when I work somewhere that I can speak for myself?

JetBlue pilots are better off without a union.

Rez. is at United....at least until his furlough.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back