• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots file with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4th year E190 CA here. I will be voting YES.

I had a very good source in jumpseat 2 weeks ago who said we're overstaffed by 300 pilots but that JB continues to look for avenues to not furlough. He felt that this will in turn build loyalty in the company.

Now that JBPA has filed with the NMB, I wonder how much of a hinderance this will be in the ongoing pursuit of better pay and benefits... IOW, maybe management will wait for the vote until they consider any other improvements in our QOL. So thanks JBPA for that.

Additionally, pilots forget what happens when, say 300 pilots get furloughed. Another 150-250 will get displaced too-- you might be a 4-year E-190 captain now, after, you're looking at being a 4-year E-190 or A-320 FO... Consider that displacement when you pull the lever for YES.

I think JBPA may be well suited in the future, but right now the timing and mood is way off. You're looking to stoke the fire with a group of managers who've so far allowed an open door of discussions. Can things be better for us, absolutely. Can things get much worse for us once management closes that door-- YOU BET!!!

You need to go back and read your agreement. The company absolutely can furlough if they want. The difference, is if they furlough, they have to pay us our guarentee as long as we are "available" to the company should they call us.

There is no economic advantage for JetBlue to furlough. THAT is the ONLY reason they haven't dumped pilots. Its all about the $$$$!

Dave's kid and A350... I'm curious what your backgrounds were prior to coming to JetBlue? Not trying to start anything... just curious.

That is absolutely correct. However, once we have a CBA, do you not think that management will negotiate some terms in their favor in return for our improvements? You'd be naive to think we'll retain a no furlough agreement after this stunt.

I had a very good source in jumpseat 2 weeks ago who said we're overstaffed by 300 pilots but that JB continues to look for avenues to not furlough. He felt that this will in turn build loyalty in the company.

Now that JBPA has filed with the NMB, I wonder how much of a hinderance this will be in the ongoing pursuit of better pay and benefits... IOW, maybe management will wait for the vote until they consider any other improvements in our QOL. So thanks JBPA for that.

Additionally, pilots forget what happens when, say 300 pilots get furloughed. Another 150-250 will get displaced too-- you might be a 4-year E-190 captain now, after, you're looking at being a 4-year E-190 or A-320 FO... Consider that displacement when you pull the lever for YES.

I think JBPA may be well suited in the future, but right now the timing and mood is way off. You're looking to stoke the fire with a group of managers who've so far allowed an open door of discussions. Can things be better for us, absolutely. Can things get much worse for us once management closes that door-- YOU BET!!!

There has been no talk of any further pay adjustments. JBPA changes nothing in that regard as of right now.

If the JPBA is well suited for the future, then the time to put it in place is NOW!!! 2 years from now when Dave takes his money and runs, and leaves us in the hands of the Chewman and JR, I don't want to look around and say.... "Wow... I really wish I would have voted yes when I had the chance"

I'm squarely in the "displacement" window you just described, and will happily pull the "YES" handle when I get my chance. And keep in mind... I'm happy at JetBlue, I generally like our management, and I want this place to be around for the next 30 years or so... BUT... I want a chance at medical and insurance plans appropriate to a pilot, not a ramper... I want a B plan so we have to stop dealing with the ERISA failures of the 401K, and most importantly.... I want the power to throw the BS flag and have it mean something when the company parades out the BS results from PCG III coming to a crew lounge near you!

Some of you guys are like an abused woman. Your man didn't really mean it the 1st two times he gave you a black eye.

Worse? Probably not. Remember the other 10000 employees?

That is absolutely correct. However, once we have a CBA, do you not think that management will negotiate some terms in their favor in return for our improvements? You'd be naive to think we'll retain a no furlough agreement after this stunt.

I wouldn't pi$$ on a no furlough agreement if it was on fire.

Is that your one shining example of JetBlue benevolence?

If your management would be spiteful because you formed a union, then maybe they really aren't the management you thought they were....

It is just like getting representation in our legal system... if you are being intimidated because you suggested you might want a lawyer..... then.... you probably need a lawyer....

Airline and Corporate Managements deal with represenatives all the time.... this is no big deal and its how business is done....

If your management would be spiteful because you formed a union, then maybe they really aren't the management you thought they were....

It is just like getting representation in our legal system... if you are being intimidated because you suggested you might want a lawyer..... then.... you probably need a lawyer....

Airline and Corporate Managements deal with represenatives all the time.... this is no big deal and its how business is done....

Rez,

Unless of course you buy into the cult. I swear I could hear DB crying when I read his email to us pilots. It was like I somehow disappointed my Daddy by getting some Piggly Wiggly cashier pregnant.

Rez,

Unless of course you buy into the cult. I swear I could hear DB crying when I read his email to us pilots. It was like I somehow disappointed my Daddy by getting some Piggly Wiggly cashier pregnant.

Does he believe it all.... or is it all part of the culture gimmick?

J32:

That statement about a woman cuts both ways. I have been sold out by a union more than I have by management.

I choose to trust the people that run this company. They are not perfect and they will admit it. When was the last time a union admitted fault? I don't trust ALPA and believe it or not, continuing down this road you may get what you did not ask for.

When I accepted the job with JB, I knew what the conditions of my employment were. I won't go back now and complain about it in the environment we find ourselves.

A350

The airmail pilots deemed unification fundamental in the 1920's and 80 years later you are still wondering?

You're kidding. You cannot compare today's enviroment to that of the airmail pilots of the 1920's. I know you will disagree, but the two situation are not related. You are a shining example of why labor in the US has been losing ground. Your belief that if you are union you're good and non-union is bad.

Union leadership has followed the basic principle that more membership is the way to go. Why you ask? Because more members means both more dues money and more influence. It's all about power and prestige instead of helping the fellow employee. It is rare to find a union leader that actually has the worker's best intrest in mind.

Latest resources

Back