• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots file with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Threats of furloughs always accompany Union organizing drives or Union contract negotiations. Its a standard tactic.

Don't let it sway you.

Threats of furloughs always accompany Union organizing drives or Union contract negotiations. Its a standard tactic.

Don't let it sway you.
I understand the "tactics" of contract talks and the inferance of furloughs etc. I do remember the company saying it would stop changes to work rules a few months ago and use one of the new working groups to bring solutions to both sides. As this moves fwd there will be a cascade effect among the other working groups, and soon we will be just like all the other airlines with two left feet at the dance. Unable to react quickly to market conditions because a LOA is needed. Do I think this will happen eventually? yes but the timing here is the worst possible. Respecting the arguements of both opinions requires education into exactly what B6 pilots have now with the PEA. There is more protection in there than you may think. The PVC report showed that. Wait but that was only lip service right??
You can be sure there will be displacements and or furloughs if this passes, my $00.02
Go ahaead tell me that I don't understand the "brotherhood" (sisters too!) :erm:

You have to admire the guys/gals at the bottom of the JB list who think voting a union in might cause them to be furloughed, but still are voting for representation. Those are the types of people JBPA should be tapping for leadership positions.

You have to admire the guys/gals at the bottom of the JB list who think voting a union in might cause them to be furloughed, but still are voting for representation. Those are the types of people JBPA should be tapping for leadership positions.

You have to question the Guys/Gals at the top of the list who would like to fly higher monthly bid divisors at the expense of people being unemployed, you should understand that right?

You have to question the Guys/Gals at the top of the list who would like to fly higher monthly bid divisors at the expense of people being unemployed, you should understand that right?

I'm not sure what the point of your post is, nor if it should even be directed at me. My post was a general statement that happened to be below your last post.

If you're pissed because guys at the top of the list are flying overtime at the risk of guys at the bottom of the list being furloughed because of this increased "productivity," you have my sympathies. We have guys doing that at my airline, too, and we actually have guys on the street. It's pathetic.

...<snip> yes but the timing here is the worst possible. Respecting the arguements of both opinions requires education into exactly what B6 pilots have now with the PEA. There is more protection in there than you may think. The PVC report showed that. Wait but that was only lip service right??

When is the timing right? Do you buy homeowners insurance when you smell smoke or do you plan ahead? It's time for JetBlue pilots to plan ahead to be ready for the next "crisis" and not wait until the last minute. Organization is inevitable, but the relationship with management is strictly up to the JB leadership.

The PVC report? Are you talking about the lawyer JB paid to review the new agreement language and offer his blessing? The protections you refer to are better than we had, but there is a lack of precedent when it comes to 2000 individual agreements being merged with a pilot group with a CBA. Without a pertinent precedent to refer to, his analysis is nothing more than an educated guess on what the courts will rule. With a CBA, the law is clear about integration. That's enough of an career insurance policy for me.

Here is a thought!!!!

Why not give this thing a chance? If we are wrong... and JBPA steps on their cranks and screws this up royally.... then start the campaign to vote them out 3 years from now.

Respecting the arguements of both opinions requires education into exactly what B6 pilots have now with the PEA. There is more protection in there than you may think.

Let's start with Profit Sharing.

1) What "protection" does the PEA provide for the continued granting of the so called "guaranteed 5% profit sharing"?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back