• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots file with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have to question the Guys/Gals at the top of the list who would like to fly higher monthly bid divisors at the expense of people being unemployed, you should understand that right?

You need to take that issue up with him or her. I am top 5% and I know of no one, who would advocate such a thing.

Let's start with Profit Sharing.

1) What "protection" does the PEA provide for the continued granting of the so called "guaranteed 5% profit sharing"?

It's contained in a legal document in the amendment agreement. Can it be changed? Sure, at the end of your PEA period. If you didn't accept the changes you are eligible for only 3%.
With the increased cost that may be incurred here are we even guaranteed to make a profit at the end of the day?

You need to take that issue up with him or her, not the entire group.

I am top 5% and I know of no one, who would advocate such a thing.

you have your eyes closed....

With the increased cost that may be incurred here are we even guaranteed to make a profit at the end of the day?

You are right, we are greedy bastards, we should just take a paycut. Oh wait, I do every year, since longevity step by design is less than inflation and if that wasn't enough, our medical cost have skyrocketed over the years.

Tell me what kind of payraise the V-day massacre was worth, 40M divided by 1800 pilots, perhaps you can tell me about the parts inventory program, the lack of fuel hedging.

When I go to work, I do my very best to make this company money, I think I should be paid accordingly and taking a paycut year after year, no, I think the time has come to change that.

I like the company, like working here, but the PCRB action plan was the last straw. The PCRB clearly showed where we were deficient, yet the company brushed the major issues aside and gave raises to a few. They had their chance, eight years later, I think it is time for some changes, not just empty promises and "great feedback/takeaways".

It's contained in a legal document in the amendment agreement. Can it be changed? Sure, at the end of your PEA period. If you didn't accept the changes you are eligible for only 3%.

How about that Flight Scheduling Manual?

Can it be changed? Sure....OVERNIGHT via email.

Still feel protected?

How about that Flight Scheduling Manual?

Can it be changed? Sure....OVERNIGHT via email.

Still feel protected?

Thought I mentioned that work rule changes or amendments in the future were going through one of the established groups? The company has agreed that the "overnight" changes were a problem. Can things change overnight? sure...mass layoffs at Citigroup, unemployment rates 10% by the new year...you getting beamed up...probably not!;)

It's okay Elag, I vote yes, you don't vote, so we will cancel each other out. If you are lucky ,the union drive will be unsuccessful, the company will see the lack of resistance and will give scant thought to any improvements.

Oh well, maybe one of the many committees will be tasked to look into a dedicated crewline, have some awesome takeways and we will all be happy again.

If the PCRB and the subsequent action plan didn't convince you, nothing will!

Not even close...

Want to try again?

Latest resources

Back