JB and AA to be announced on Wednesday.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is NAA's post from 2007

I have heard a few JB friends and other accurate rumor types say that AMR is interested in JB's fleet. The Buses will make a nice start in replacing the Super 80 and the Embraer is just what the Doc ordered.

AMR will eliminate a LCC competitor and JB is Non-union making stapling a forgone conclucion. The APA has already said OK.

What would be the over/under on how many JB pilots would be on the street? Would the pilots even go with the equipment? Not intended to be flame...

As per M/B which references A/M 50% of the pilot group may be stapled to the bottom of the list. The other 50% are theoretically added fairly. What is fair?

B6's UNION will get them a fair deal..? Oh, forget about it.

This may be the latest in merger strategies.

UAL and CAL are merging and now CAL is hiring UAL furloughed pilots, 180 of them. Cheaper labor costs, even with the higher UAL payrates that these pilots keep. A dozen UAL 75s going away, CAL getting 19 new 737s next year.

AA merges with US Air and starts to shift flying over them. Another end run around RLA.

LOL if JB and AA is announced Wednesday I will post a video on here of me eating my hat.

This crap is getting old. There was a thread a month ago where someone was SURE JB was going to buy US Air West. Didn't happen.

JB/AA has been going on for months. AA doesn't have the financial resources to acquire JB, nor does JB have the resources to acquire AA. A merger? Maybe. The signs have been pointing towards it for a long time, and AA could damn sure use the workforce.

Hell I'd love to merge with AA. I'm junior at JB and even with a staple, I'd still be able to retire as a widebody captain with relative ease, just because of all the retirements upcoming at AA. In the 2020's they will be losing 700 a year. They won't be able to hire fast enough.

If it happened, I'd be dancing in the streets. Hell, I'd even eat a furlough for a couple of years and still be happy. I'll just get a job flying a Citation for a bit.

It'd be nice, but I've seen this crap before. I'll believe it when I see it.

We merge and I'll share that hat with you for all the same reasons.

I will bring the tabasco and we can have a hat eating party at the corner of Metro and Lefforts.

That's where I draw the line. If I'm at metro and lefferts I'm eating at Tu Casa.

Latest resources

Back