• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've discovered Netjets 10 year plan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would not count on RTS's return. He has made commitments to his investors at Milestone and I assume he will honor those and not put his efforts to NJA. He is an entrepreneur and is looking forwards not backwards. Just my opinion.

You may very well be right but I'm praying that you are wrong.

Firstly, I must continue to disagree with JonJuan (we just can never agree with each other). Others do not provide the same service as NJ but at a lower cost -- (other than pilots), others now provide a better overall owner experience than NJA at a lower cost. I do not know everyone, but I do not know anyone who has become a new NJA owber in the past 12 months. I do know soe who are new to private aviation who have gone elsewhere. I know quite a few (some very long term) NJ owners who have left and several others who are in the process. I can tell you that even after owners have given notice to NJ, no attempt has been made by their sales contacts to keep them. IN the old days I am sure that a phone call would have been received within hours and the sales VP would be on the other side of the owner's desk within days. But in those days owner's drank the kool-aid as well and would not have even considered leaving.

It has been more than 1-2 rough recoveries -- stranded would be more like it. And a few rough recoveries on top of that -- on top of other large glitches.

All this seems to work quite well into the program to downsize/right size the company. That is my only guess as to why no (or extremely little) attempt is being made to retain owners wishing to exit the program.

Have fun with that. Fact is, a recovery at NJA is much faster than anyone else can offer. The stranded thing, happens much more often with smaller companies also. Its a matter of size, more planes, better chance of recovery. Thats why even at NJs worst, the others have never beaten the recovery time. The grass is always greener. Go find out for yourself. Our recurrent is strife with stories of owners stranded in the Caribbean with a hurricane on the way, with the others unwilling to pick them up. Netjets to the rescue.

Have fun finding this out.

Have fun with that. Fact is, a recovery at NJA is much faster than anyone else can offer. The stranded thing, happens much more often with smaller companies also. Its a matter of size, more planes, better chance of recovery. Thats why even at NJs worst, the others have never beaten the recovery time.
Not sure where you get your stories, but you couldn't be more wrong. Fact is owners have been leaving for service related issues for years with very few returning. Who tells you these things?

This is kinda like te people who have a flight delayed or get cancelled becasue of bad weather. Then blame the airline thinking that every other airline would have gotten them there. Not realizing that every other airline would have cancelled also.

I always love being in terminal when this stuff happens. " I'm never flying Delta again! My flight got cancelled into Atlanta. I'm flying United for now on!!"

Or the ever popular....My friend says the weathers great there, why did they they cancel?" I'm still waiting for a gate agent to respond with "See that big hurricane in between here and there you fu$$ing moron!"

Not sure where you get your stories, but you couldn't be more wrong. Fact is owners have been leaving for service related issues for years with very few returning. Who tells you these things?

I'm not too worried. As long as Delta and the other airlines continue with their "service", Netjets and the other fractionals will be around a while yet.
Mt heartfelt "THANKS!" to the airlines! We couldn't ask for better advertising.

I would not count on RTS's return. He has made commitments to his investors at Milestone and I assume he will honor those and not put his efforts to NJA. He is an entrepreneur and is looking forwards not backwards. Just my opinion.

Oh, let me tell you about how well RTS honors his commitments...........

Ah, never mind. Not worth it.

But I suspect you are right about one thing, he won't be back. Too much damage to 1) his ego and 2) the Netjets brand.

I'm not too worried. As long as Delta and the other airlines continue with their "service", Netjets and the other fractionals will be around a while yet.
Mt heartfelt "THANKS!" to the airlines! We couldn't ask for better advertising.
Oh, they'll be around for quite some time-no doubt. Just not nearly the size as in the past or present.

The "10 Year Plan"

is to talk about if for...

9 years and then panic. :smash:

Weather delays???

This is kinda like te people who have a flight delayed or get cancelled becasue of bad weather.

Bentover -- really -- I have been around long enough to know when it is a weather delay. And in fact in only 1 on my "strandings" did NJA claim it was a weather issue. So I asked my owner services team to connect me with meteorology (with whom I have spoken with many times). The NJA Meteorologist said "weather is perfect at departure, destination and all spots in between -- a great day to be flying", at which point I called "bull sh!t" and was given the real answer - the airplane which had been sitting there for several days did not have enough fuel and no one knew that until the crew ferried in and there was no fuel (nor has there ever been) at that airport. NJA had "hoped" to ferry the plane somewhere else but the crew ferrying in had duty time issues.

There is a reason FO, CA and Avantair are now growing -- and it is not from many new customers to private aviation. It is from owners leaving NJ.

I was referring to how everyone always thinks a switch to a diffrernt carrier to the answer to their travel problems.... Not your situation.

The whole conversation about which fractional provides better service reminded me of that airline problem.

Latest resources

Back