• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: USAirways Wants American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Money has a way of curing all evils. If all affected parties reach mutual agreement then the new AA has potential to become an industry TITAN.

Money has a way of curing all evils. If all affected parties reach mutual agreement then the new AA has potential to become an industry TITAN.

But you know damn well the USAPA thinks they can submarine that issue. You know, the whole "gold standard" issue...

This should be fun to watch, and while I don't expect that USAPA will be asked for their opinion, it will be interesting to hear their 'spin'.

From USAPA - "At first glance, it appears that the APA's CBA that may result from the term sheet between APA/US Airways will be concessionary in nearly every section when initially compared to our own contract, with the only exception being the hourly rates of pay."

Well, that don't sound so tasty at all. Between the increased productivity that would result in a lesser need for swinging richards and the relative youth at APA, I am less erect about this merger now.

I hope that the quote above is just sour grapes. They also stated that they had NOT seen any more detailed info than is readily available over the internet.

Last edited:
From USAPA - "At first glance, it appears that the APA's CBA that may result from the term sheet between APA/US Airways will be concessionary in nearly every section when initially compared to our own contract, with the only exception being the hourly rates of pay."

Well, that don't sound so tasty at all. Between the increased productivity that would result in a lesser need for swinging richards and the relative youth at APA, I am less erect about this merger now.

I hope that the quote above is just sour grapes. They also stated that they had NOT seen any more detailed info than is readily available over the internet.

The term sheet is posted, go have a look:

http://www.restructuringamr.com/documents/APA Term Sheet Source Document_v10_FINAL_CLEAN.pdf

Certainly concessionary compared to the current APA contract, and pretty bad even compared to the current LCC craptastic contract. A few things stick out at me, 4:1 trip rig, no duty rig, PBS, no monthly guarantee for lineholders, no guarantee protection for reserves who call fatigued, Sick leave is a sad joke (really sad... call in sick more than twice a year, get paid at 60% and report to an "accredited absence management vendor"), scope gutted letting loose the flood of 88 seat RJ's, truly unlimited codeshare.

Does seem a bit like the devil is asking for your soul in exchange for that pot of gold.

The "gold standard" is nothing more than working hard to make your company successful enough to save about 3,800 brothers from wearing blue greeters' vests and then expecting those you saved to abide by a simple and fair agreement, and not try to take a giant $#!* on you.

It's like inviting my uncle, who's been down on his luck lately, to come stay with me a while. You know, the one who lost his job (company went bankrupt due to inept management), lost his house, wife left, and staying with his girlfriend and her husband isn't an option.

Except when he gets there, he expects the master bedroom, my La-Z-Boy, the big screen TV, 70% of the space in the fridge, unlimited use of the kegerator, the Caddie, the Harley, my old lady on Friday and Saturday, and ALL of the garage.

The "gold standard" is nothing more than working hard to make your company successful enough to save about 3,800 brothers from wearing blue greeters' vests and then expecting those you saved to abide by a simple and fair agreement, and not try to take a giant $#!* on you.

It's like inviting my uncle, who's been down on his luck lately, to come stay with me a while. You know, the one who lost his job (company went bankrupt due to inept management), lost his house, wife left, and staying with his girlfriend and her husband isn't an option.

Except when he gets there, he expects the master bedroom, my La-Z-Boy, the big screen TV, 70% of the space in the fridge, unlimited use of the kegerator, the Caddie, the Harley, my old lady on Friday and Saturday, and ALL of the garage.

On behalf of all pilots everywhere, let me be the first to thank you, IBNAV8R, for your selfless charity. Your hard work and has saved the careers of so many.

The term sheet is posted, go have a look:

http://www.restructuringamr.com/documents/APA Term Sheet Source Document_v10_FINAL_CLEAN.pdf

Certainly concessionary compared to the current APA contract, and pretty bad even compared to the current LCC craptastic contract. A few things stick out at me, 4:1 trip rigo, no duty rig, PBS, no monthly guarantee for lineholders, no guarantee protection for reserves who call fatigued, Sick leave is a sad joke (really sad... call in sick more than twice a year, get paid at 60% and report to an "accredited absence management vendor"), scope gutted letting loose the flood of 88 seat RJ's, truly unlimited codeshare.

Does seem a bit like the devil is asking for your soul in exchange for that pot of gold.
o
Thats the initial term sheet presented to the APA by AMR. The USA/APA proposal is no were near that draconian.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back