• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: USAirways Wants American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What if.. what if... What if US offers APA forever fences on their wide bodies in exchange for DOH all the way to the bottom of their furlough list, and offers they will indemnify themselves in exchange for the East scope to be the same as West scope.

It's foolproof. Go for it.

What if.. what if... What if US offers APA forever fences on their wide bodies in exchange for DOH all the way to the bottom of their furlough list, and offers they will indemnify themselves in exchange for the East scope to be the same as West scope.

You might want to ask the TWA,AirCal or Reno Air guys about APA's position on DOH.
I think it is pretty likely that one of the selling positions of this deal will be to put an end to the whole USAPA mess. I hardly think APA would agree to anything that appeases USAPA in any way shape or form. They are not stupid, they don't want to spend the foreseeable future dealing with the lunacy that USAir has dealt with since AmWest saved them.
I'm guessing the deal goes through with APA's blessing and very little input from USAPA.

Last edited:
^^^
So this.

if a merger does happen, the nic will somehow be included in some convoluted shape or form. otherwise it will set too dangerous a precedent.

if a merger does happen, the nic will somehow be included in some convoluted shape or form. otherwise it will set too dangerous a precedent.

I would say that's a safe bet, what other list is out there? I would think it's the only one the courts could recognize, other wise, you would have years of lawsuits and frozen payscales, surely a situation APA certainly doesn't want.

The 9th ruled on ripeness only, not merits or anything else USAPA preaches. Dream all you want, but the NIC is the list for AWA/AAA going forward and AA will put the joint contract in play that will activate it to combine with AA. There are no second bites of the apple for East Pilots...

Latest resources

Back