• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: USAirways Wants American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where is that jerkoff....OY6? Whats his take on this or does he just read Southwest threads?

Where is that jerkoff....OY6? Whats his take on this or does he just read Southwest threads?

Wow, such hostility..... I have added my comments on this topic in other threads, but since YOU want me to comment, here goes: I think it is great for the industry. It gets rid of one more competitor (USair), and that will bring up fares. It also will bring up payrates (AA BK rates weren't going to help the rest of us), on both USair and AA. Higher rates and benefits help us all. There will likely be 3 total US Mega Carriers with overseas routes, and then a few LCCs with SWA clearly being the largest of those. Bigger, more financially sound mega carriers will have to compete with the likes of Emirates, who will be getting 90 A380s before the end of this decade. Our airlines need to make profits in order to actually order new widebodies to compete. A stronger airline based in DFW may not help SWA grow in Texas, but you may pick up some scraps in DCA and LGA to satisfy regulators. Your hubs in MDW, DAL, and BWI will all now have a stronger competitor in the nearby hubs of ORD, DFW, PHX, and DCA (USair's). If this happens, life won't get any easier for GK.

Next time, please refrain from the "jerkoff" names. Really, it makes you seem nervous and hostile. Just call me by my given name, THE OYSTER. (by The Prussian)

Godspeed!

The OYSter

What would a US Air-American merger mean for you?
comments1
inShare
More
By Jack Otter
CBS News travel editor Peter Greenberg and a friend.*****(CBS)
(MoneyWatch) If US Airways (LCC) and American Airlines (AAMRQ) merge, what will that mean for you, the beleaguered traveler? It probably won't surprise you to hear that it would likely lead to higher ticket prices. That's the assessment of CBS News travel editor Peter Greenberg, who spoke to MoneyWatch.com from the Mediterranean, where he is aboard the cruise ship Seven Seas Mariner.

MoneyWatch: Peter, is this merger really going to happen?

He can go down to the judge in Delaware and say, hey, I've got a plan and the creditors are on board. And what judge is going to throw that out

Um, maybe you'd have a shred of credibility as an analyst if you knew that AMR filed in NYC?

That stopped me in my tracks. Did Mr. Greenberg go on to say anything else that wouldn't be 'bird-cage worthy'?

TC

I welcome the pay raise part

Did APA discuss seniority integration and how Nic would affect things?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back