• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official...The 717's are going to Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think there are only 17 DC9s left, and they will supposedly stick around until 2014. We are also adding 27 MD90s this year, maybe more the next, and 100 737-900s start coming in this Summer, but they are set to replace some older 757s and domestic 767s. I think there will be some hiring.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks for the info, GL. Thought you guys still had many more -9s in the fleet.

My gut tells me you didnt read VDV's letter very close. He said lift will be the same, not a 1:1 conversion of 717s to 737s. Our fleet will shrink. Count on it.

I won't count on it, but won't count the possibilty out either. There are so many other factors that could influence fleet size over the next few years (like who's in the White House come Jan '13, among others) that we'll just have to wait & see...

the fleet will shrink. they will save jobs by using retirements and asking for concessions or pay freezes in the section 6. this adds years to upgrades for any southwest first officer who doesn't upgrade by 2015 although it will allow more to do so before then.

We'd better accept that dog of a TA fast so we don't loose the 717s!!!

You don't have to make light of the situation; when all is said and done we both know it's going to pass. My guess 57% approval.

No flame, just how votes seem to always go in this modern age.

This is still no reason to vote in that POS TA. Does anyone actually believe that if the pilots vote it down that Delta management is going to alter it's long term business plan? These planes are going to come to you regardless. Please raise the bar for us. We at UniCal are counting on you.

If this TA passes, it will be the selfish senior butt holes who sell out the entire pilot profession. THERE IS NO REASON TO GIVE ONE INCH ON SCOPE! WE ARE MAKING BILLIONS!!!!!

Net gain of mainline aircraft will be more than 88 planes. 100 737-900s on the way. Net gain of regional aircraft will be -200 50 seaters plus 70 76 seaters= total net gain of -130 DCI. That flying will be replaced by 717s

Win Win

Don't forget the MD90's.....

You don't have to make light of the situation; when all is said and done we both know it's going to pass. My guess 57% approval.

No flame, just how votes seem to always go in this modern age.
As much as I hate this TA, that is the way I see it going.

Latest resources

Back