• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is "Tranny" a four-letter word?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm getting sick of smart a$$ remarks from SWA crews on late night radio frequencies in traffic pattern, at airport food courts, hotel vans, and lobby bars. It's like stealing 30+% of my seniority is not good enough for you, you have to do a little victory dance in the end zone too.
My patience is running thin and I will stick that football up yours if confronted by another SWA guy on layover.

WOW, I am scared. Shoot, please take a swing at me on your next overnight, that way you can get your ass fired. Please, hit one of our crewmembers and soon...the sooner the better. Why vote on SL-10...just hit one of us. You will make ALPA and ATN proud by your brave actions. (well, looks like we have a real winner here SWA, can we please get his name so we can fill his slot with a new-hire).

Last edited:
Puddle take it easy man let the guy vent. He will be going to reserve and getting a paycut because of this wonderful integration and start commuting on top of it. Look at your own comments about wanting him to swing and targeting him for retribution for commenting on this forum, pot meet kettle.

Puddle take it easy man let the guy vent. He will be going to reserve and getting a paycut because of this wonderful integration and start commuting on top of it. Look at your own comments about wanting him to swing and targeting him for retribution for commenting on this forum, pot meet kettle.

Brother ,I don't think saying your going to SUCKER punch someone is venting. I would bet even a 9 year old girl could knock your teeth out if they sucker punched you( they may need a bat though). :)

If I was him I would be a liltle worried SWA HR has read his post and wants him gone.

I've seen some rather large 9 year old Girls, some wouldn't even need a bat, so anything is possible.

I guess if HR is reading these posts and knows who they are ( how did they get that info hmmm ) then that would bring a bunch of SWA/ATN guys on the carpet for many many threats and intimidation's and other acts against the HR Policy Manual as well that have happened on this anonymous (supposedly) forum. He hasn't said anyone specific for it to be a legal reason to fire, and I would hope HR has better things to do than spend time here to target people, even AirTran Mgt didn't do that. However it was a comment that was better not typed, and the response to him was in bad form as well. Ya'll have a good day keep and flying the Blue side up and the Teal side down.

Last edited:

I'm curious... why do you or he think he is he taking a paycut? Or sitting reserve? First, he's already had a substantial payraise (new contract) due to SWA buying Airtran. If he's a 717 guy (or going to be), he'll still be in ATL for quite a while, not commuting and making his current-contract wages, until SWA figures out what to do with them. He won't be on reserve on the 717, unless he's already on reserve. If he bids (or can bid, don't know his seniority) the 737, he may have to commute or sit reserve in that case (as have we all), but he'll do it with a second substantial payraise.

Don't know why he's mad at SWA--if not for them buying Airtan, right now he would be either walking a picket line, unemployed, or just working with a much crappier contract for much less wages. With this deal, as a 717 guy he's WAY ahead of where he was in Sep 2010, and if (when, actually) he's a 737 guy, he's lightyears ahead of where he was then.

If he wanted the first AIP (again, don't know which deal helped him more) instead of this, then I think we ALL know whose teeth he should knock out.

Start looking at the positive crap, you know? Or don't; I can't make you.

Bubba

Southwest’s Kelly Sees $1 Billion Atlanta Revenue Gain After AirTran Deal

Look this article up. This is why Kelly was so desperate to ensure this deal went through, despite the resultant labor problems. Of course he probably still cannot afford too much acrimony with labor. Could put him and Herb into a rough situation if the Airtran crews display too much animosity towards the new boys in town. I'll bet there are corporate directives out the yin-yang from Dallas regarding possible offensive behavior.

. I'll bet there are corporate directives out the yin-yang from Dallas regarding possible offensive behavior.

I have not seen one yet. The only thing I have seen is to be on the look out for bitter retired dic heads that stick there nose where it does not belong :)

The term tranny was brought to my attention by an Air Tran Pilot. He called himself a "tranny" - it stuck! To bad.

Latest resources

Back