Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IS SWAPA the "New" USAPA???? Arrogance abound!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,

You never cease to amaze me. Honestly, I could give a rat's ass about what YOU make. I care what I make.

As far as Gary Kellys performance with F9? Time will tell. He's make a couple bonehead moves and NOT made moves when I thought he should but my business card says Captain, not CEO. My future is tied to his so I can only hope that he learned something from his look at F9's books and being how he is a trained bean counter I can only imagine he saw what he wanted to.

If you are really naive enough to think that his "word" about not pissing off the pilots stood in the way of shareholder return on equity then you truly are an idiot.

Gup

GL,

International is overrated. My dad did it for 21 years at Pan Am, then went domestic when he upgraded. He looked and felt better as well as losing a few lbs. He went back to international on the A310 and immediately started hating it. He ended up retiring off the 727 after getting exessed off the 'bus at DAL and, even though the pay wasn't as good, was much happier and healthier.....

I'll take my 12 day, 3 on 4 off, $200K+, no jet lag, commuter schedule over just about any other majors scheduling.......

Oh, and 13k posts on FI? No offense intended, but you really need a hobby. Get a Harley or something.... you'll be much happier....

My future is tied to his so I can only hope that he learned something from his look at F9's books and being how he is a trained bean counter I can only imagine he saw what he wanted to.

Mesa got sued and lost for doing such an act.

I know that and I'm positive Gary Kelly knows that. Mesa wasn't in the same markets at the same time they put the screws to Aloha.

I'm just sayin'.

Gup

WRONG. Your pay was enhanced due to our high pay at the time. There is NO way you can say otherwise, since no pilot pay is based off of Cost of Living adjustments. Nope. They are based off of what other airlines are paying on similar equipment.

GL,

Adults are capable of disagreeing and use fact to build their arguments. Maybe you should try it sometime.

It is a FACT that our inflation indexed pay has been flat since 1978.

Is this pile on GL day? I used to live in Atlanta, I know the type you ask to jumpseat and introduce yourself and you hear for ten minutes what is wrong with your airline. Yadi Yadi ya.

General,

It is obvious that you:
- don't like SWA,
- don't understand contract negitiations,
- are naive to the airline biz.

I don't care what anyone else makes. I care about what our company can afford and still be profitable and grow. You get hung up on simple pay rates and you are doomed. TP455 has it right. It is about QOL. Less per hour and a more productive schedule equals better life and more usually money.

Last edited:
Top to bottom SLI is just as unfair as stapling the F9 guys. Looks like SWAPA didn't try too hard to make this happen.

Latest resources

Back