• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Go jets still Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Damn right. You have to stop the race to the bottom and be the puppet of mgt telling you "take it or the world will go under". The waterskiers that crossed the line do know this and the argument that "Hulas is just trying to run a business" does not stick. I have worked before for an individual that come from the same corner of the world than Uncle H. and I know that they'll do ANYTHING to take the maximum advantage out of you. Luckily, that just was a few months at a crappy flight school, but enough life experience to learn from a small scale.

Why do you care about the planes? What does a new CRJ or E170 do to you individually? Are you just addicted to the new plane smell? How long before you realize that those people in mgt laugh about your decision? That new plane smell is gonna wear off fairly quickly with crappy work conditions. And look at Go Jets workrules and pay now. Hardly industry leading (if we can agree on the direction).

Shrek, get the gasoline ready. I'll get matches from MW office...

GJ pilots no more contribute to the race to the bottom than the TSA pilots that voted for that POS scopeless contract.

An inside source with Go Jet gave me the scoop. They were suppost to have several aircraft delivered in the next couple months, but the shipments got delayed, so they have put all interviews on hold. The CP has a stack of over 500 resumes already approved for interviews, if they start interviewing in the near future. Before they even get to the stack of resumes they have to offer a job to the United furloughies. That stack of 500 that are already approved are mainly furloughed Captains from many regional and even major airlines. Unless you have a lot of turbine PIC with previous 121 experience, you probably won't get into Go Jet.

Well, they must've run thru the UAL list pretty quick. I just denied jumpseat to a guy who just got hired on at GoJet. He rode my jumpseat a few times when he was an ATA captain. Nice enough guy from past experience, but not on my plane. Better think about driving to ORD to make your report.

FieldInSight, who do you work for?
She's at Massaba. Probably an FO with less that 1,ooo hours TT. I doubt if her captain lets her deny anything. A few months ago, Mesaba was in a hiring frenzy while their recently merged wholly owed sister company, Comair, was cutting deep with furloughs. Both owed by Delta. One hiring while one is furloughing.

A question for FieldInSight: Would you deny a GoJet pilot who was furloughed from Midwest? Would you deny a Republic pilot who took the Midwest Pilot's job? Would you deny a Mesaba Pilot who is flying a former NorthWest DC-9 route. Where does it end with your little jumpseat war? Would you deny a Mesaba pilot who took the Comair Pilot's job?

What happens when one of your fellow Mesaba pilots needs to get home and the only flight available for him is on GoJet? What if the Captain on that GoJet flight happens to be the same pilot that you kicked out of your jumpseat?

Last edited:
We (xj) got a memo or something a while back about GJ and our JS-frankly I don't care, anyone who is able is welcome in my jumpseat, I don't give a crap who you work for. The JS is all we have left as a group in this industry, it isn't for playing bitter little political and whiny games with.

We (xj) got a memo or something a while back about GJ and our JS-frankly I don't care, anyone who is able is welcome in my jumpseat, I don't give a crap who you work for. The JS is all we have left as a group in this industry, it isn't for playing bitter little political and whiny games with.
Amen!

What poseses someone to deny a jumpseat. When someone comes into our JS the LAST thing I think about is how am I going to screw this person out of his or her free ride even if he does work at some place I don't like. Giving the cold shoulder is another thing but actually denying a jumpseat? I'll never understand it. Maybe has to do with them not being commuters.

What poseses someone to deny a jumpseat.

I think that was intended as a question, right?

I'm beholden to a jumpseat agreement, and it is printed out in my possession. Is that a good enough answer for you?

Latest resources

Back