• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Go jets still Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll fly back from Vietnam for THAT BBQ........

Make sure Fat Bastard is there on the spit as well !!

Yes I do know the crappy proposal the company offered. I agree..it was very crappy but you said it yourself...pick your poison. The planes with a crappy contract or vote it down and lose the planes. My opinion is to secure the flying and work on the rest of the issuses later. But, all TSA pilots want to do is blame me and my pilot group, the NMB and everyone else but themselves for the situation that they are in. I do actually feel for the pilot group and the position that they (you) are in. But, the blame game is a little old.

if we voted it in, the contract would've gona another 5 years plus time to negotiate---- that would have made a 15 year contract-- almost as crappy as eagles 16 year deal-- :LAME

SKIPPY i voted no then and dont regret it

SKIPPY i voted no then and dont regret it

Skip... the most important question is whether you're bringing some gasoline with ya. The fire will be pretty, promise!

Last edited:
My opinion is to secure the flying and work on the rest of the issuses later.

You obviously have not dealt with (our) management. This point of view is beyond naive. How much later? 10 years? 20? It's not about being friends with mgt, this is a business for both sides. Once a contract is signed, nothing will improve unless both sides are forced back to the negotiating table. Btw I wouldn't like to hold hands with MW, Fat Bastard or Uncle H. anyway.

You obviously have not dealt with (our) management. This point of view is beyond naive. How much later? 10 years? 20? It's not about being friends with mgt, this is a business for both sides. Once a contract is signed, nothing will improve unless both sides are forced back to the negotiating table. Btw I wouldn't like to hold hands with MW, Fat Bastard or Uncle H. anyway.

I understand how your mgt operates. My point being, the pilot group had a choice...a very, very crappy choice but a choice nonetheless. When the end result was not what the pilots wanted, it is GoJet's fault. I'm just saying that the blame game is really old when they should be looking in the mirror. I do agree with the comments in many other threads that the first pilots to come here WAS/IS crappy. But, the fact is most of those pilots are the Trans States lifers who have no ambition in life and will NEVER leave TSH...EVER. I've always wondered why anyone would stay at this craphole place called TSH any longer than needed. But, some people have no ambition in life. I have gotten off point and for that I apologize.

I understand how your mgt operates. My point being, the pilot group had a choice...a very, very crappy choice but a choice nonetheless. When the end result was not what the pilots wanted, it is GoJet's fault. I'm just saying that the blame game is really old when they should be looking in the mirror. I do agree with the comments in many other threads that the first pilots to come here WAS/IS crappy. But, the fact is most of those pilots are the Trans States lifers who have no ambition in life and will NEVER leave TSH...EVER. I've always wondered why anyone would stay at this craphole place called TSH any longer than needed. But, some people have no ambition in life. I have gotten off point and for that I apologize.

GoJet is a direct result of two things: The APA clause and the fact that the pilots said no to a crappy proposal. We just protected our profession. There were certain backstabbers from TSA that went over only to fulfill their goals in a egoistic, selfish manner: Fly a bigger airplane. One of them (DT) told me once that he could foresee regional airlines flying A318/319 in a few years. His thought pattern was to lower himself so much in order to fly the equipment he wanted. What an amazing amount of nonesense I had listened to on an almost four-hour round trip!

TSA lifers do not represent the majority of the TSA pilot group. As a matter of fact, there was very little movement anywhere, so many of us where forced to stay put and became "lifers", like we came with the intentions to do our time and leave; since 9/11 things have not worked as they have in the past. The temporarily hiring boom by the LCC/nationals/legacy carriers had transformed quite a few "lifers" to people looking for a new opportunity. It's not the lack of ambition, but more like the risk to take (especially if you have family).

*GoJet represents unscrupulous mgt who lure pilots with fake and unserious promises with the intention to take as much advantage out of them as possible.
*GoJet represents pilots that are willing to burn bridges and stab their colleges in the back in an insidious manner, in order to cut in front of the line (quick upgrade etc.).
*GoJet represents certain pilots that were well aware of TSH mgt methods and still decided to cross the line.

GoJet is a direct result of two things: The APA clause and the fact that the pilots said no to a crappy proposal. We just protected our profession. There were certain backstabbers from TSA that went over only to fulfill their goals in a egoistic, selfish manner: Fly a bigger airplane. One of them (DT) told me once that he could foresee regional airlines flying A318/319 in a few years. His thought pattern was to lower himself so much in order to fly the equipment he wanted. What an amazing amount of nonesense I had listened to on an almost four-hour round trip!

TSA lifers do not represent the majority of the TSA pilot group. As a matter of fact, there was very little movement anywhere, so many of us where forced to stay put and became "lifers", like we came with the intentions to do our time and leave; since 9/11 things have not worked as they have in the past. The temporarily hiring boom by the LCC/nationals/legacy carriers had transformed quite a few "lifers" to people looking for a new opportunity. It's not the lack of ambition, but more like the risk to take (especially if you have family).

*GoJet represents unscrupulous mgt who lure pilots with fake and unserious promises with the intention to take as much advantage out of them as possible.
*GoJet represents pilots that are willing to burn bridges and stab their colleges in the back in an insidious manner, in order to cut in front of the line (quick upgrade etc.).
*GoJet represents certain pilots that were well aware of TSH mgt methods and still decided to cross the line.

I must apologize once again for not making myself clear. I agree with pretty much every single point that you made. I was talking about the pilots that came over FROM TSA to here. I know them and I must say that these pilots have no ambition to go anywhere else. If given the opportunity they will stay right here (with GoJet i.e. TSH not TSA)They are the lifers I was referring to.

uh.. apparantly about 1.5 years later.... Union and contract. Your paragraph above basically screams entitlement. You, are a regional airline pilot. You are not worse off then other regional pilots. Every regional is a bottom feeder by nature, all are the lowest bidders. The day that TSA forms their own cargo company and call it fedex or their own LCC and call it southwest with billions in revenue then you can think about what should be yours. In the mean time you are working for the lowest bidder. If you want something better, then get out of TSA or flying altogether. What does the "Fat Bastard",MW, and UncleH owe you?? NOTHING except for a paycheck every two weeks and fair regional compensation. TSA is a regional standard, you may not know it because you haven't been exposed but TSA IS industry standard. Not to mention you KNOW that you took a job at a bottom feeder and now you think you know better than that bottom and want to change how they do business?? It doesn't work that way, that's what happened in 05 and you guys lost. If you think it's not fair how you're treated then form your own damn airline and pay your pilots 300K each. In the mean time STFU and do your job on that cheap RJ because you're lucky you have one right now.

By the way, this is no way against what you guys are currently doing right now, it more has to do with the idiocy of 05. You have to do what you have to do now, including trying to "burn it down" because of the mistakes in 05. But know that Hulas did allow a union and a contract at GJ and it goes to show you that he was not against the pilots. But after the severely damaged pilot/mang relations in 05, don't expect much out of them. At the end of the day, Hulas, a private owner, does not owe you guys anything especially after the bad blood. Have you heard the phrase "bite the hand that feeds"?

Last edited:

Yes, the initial hires at GJ from TSA have questionable ethics. However, blaming pilots hired since then is abject nonsense, not to mention, hypocritical.

Latest resources

Back