Is Expressjet The Best???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flechas said:
Is he doing interviews? If not whatever he tells you is just rumors, the only 600 hr piots hired were hired last year around Sep-Oct, after that they want 121, 135, or jet experience.

Well I guess that the FO's are just kidding with him when they tell him how much time they had when they got on!!

Ok i will let off on the Poopyhead calling. Can i be your friend so i can call you that though?

And for the 600 hour newbies, Your friend might be right about some guys with 600 hours or so. the deal is that most of those guys were previous interns or internal applicants.

I do know some hiring of All ATP guys and gals was done with 600 hours or so. However most of the new hires coming in are at least 1000 TT and 200 multi. The mins are low but pretty much nobody is getting on like that anymore with out being internal. I know a bunch of guys with over 1200tt that arent getting interviews because they dont have 200 multi. That is the new numbers to even qualify for an interview from what i have heard. Right now people getting on are prior 121, 135 or 91 guys and gals with turbine time. Take it for what its worth because i really dont care if you believe me or not but thats how it is. NOW GOOD DAY SIR.

MVSW said:
Well I guess that the FO's are just kidding with him when they tell him how much time they had when they got on!!

I really don't care what your friend tells you. All I know is what I have seen over the past 6 or 7 months that I've been flying with new hires and I can tell you that the low time guys are by far the exception.

Lets just say however that every new hire we have taken has been a 600hr guy. What would that mean? How has it negatively impacted our operation? What has it done to our safety record?

The fact of the matter is nothing. Usually the guys who make the most noise about low time hires were not hired themselves for some reason, had more than the minimums and as a result felt entitled to a job they did not receive. Not saying that's you, but I have seen that on plenty of occasions.

CLECA said:
We have our own state of the art training facility with our own sims, our own instructors training materials etc. that most airlines have to pay companies like simuflite or flight safety to do for them.

In addition to these things we print all of our publications, manuals , AOM/CFM, QRH, memos, safety briefing cards every last detail comes straight from our own print shop. If its on paper we printed it.

Continental Airlines owns the training center and everything inside of it. CO leases the facility and furnishings back to ExpressJet. Its even behind the CO training facility and shares the parking lot. If you need a replacement employee badge, where do you go, to the Continental badging office? Continental Airlines even owns the www.expressjet.com website.

All of the printing is done at the CO printshop next to the CO company store off of the beltway and toll road in north Houston.

Continental is the primary lessor on the aircraft, the ground equipment, the out stations and maintenance hangars.

The only thing that ExpressJet owns is its name, and the contracts from its employee groups.

ExpressJets sole function is to dispatch flights on time. Continental says where to and when.

Continental has a finger in every facet of ExpressJets daily operations. CO wants to keep it that way, so I don't see them relinquishing that to another carrier.

erj-145mech said:
Continental Airlines owns the training center and everything inside of it. CO leases the facility and furnishings back to ExpressJet. Its even behind the CO training facility and shares the parking lot. If you need a replacement employee badge, where do you go, to the Continental badging office? Continental Airlines even owns the www.expressjet.com website.

All of the printing is done at the CO printshop next to the CO company store off of the beltway and toll road in north Houston.

Continental is the primary lessor on the aircraft, the ground equipment, the out stations and maintenance hangars.

The only thing that ExpressJet owns is its name, and the contracts from its employee groups.

ExpressJets sole function is to dispatch flights on time. Continental says where to and when.

Continental has a finger in every facet of ExpressJets daily operations. CO wants to keep it that way, so I don't see them relinquishing that to another carrier.

I said we "have" these things, I don't remember syaing anything about ownership. These are still facets of the operation that we don't pay a PREMIUM price on and that was the point.

On a side note:

This post is so far off the original idea that its ridiculous. They guy asked if it is a good company. We gave our opinions on whether or not it is. I really think this thread has outlived its useful life. It turned into a pissing contest about three or four pages ago. May it rest in peace.

Last edited:
erj-145mech said:

What do we walk away with when we pay off our debt to CO? I find it hard to believe that pay ?00 Million to CO and walk away with nothing. Did we pay all that money just for the ExpressJet name? I doubt that.

ATRCA said:
I really don't care what your friend tells you. All I know is what I have seen over the past 6 or 7 months that I've been flying with new hires and I can tell you that the low time guys are by far the exception.

Lets just say however that every new hire we have taken has been a 600hr guy. What would that mean? How has it negatively impacted our operation? What has it done to our safety record?

The fact of the matter is nothing. Usually the guys who make the most noise about low time hires were not hired themselves for some reason, had more than the minimums and as a result felt entitled to a job they did not receive. Not saying that's you, but I have seen that on plenty of occasions.

No its not me. I was just making a point that XJet and the company that I work for both do this. I am making noise b/c the guys that we hire with that kind of time are from Gulfstream and ALLATPS for XJet. It just makes me mad that I had to work my tail off to get a job and these guys go and PFT and get a job.

Most importantly ExpressJet has some great people to work with. Every company out there has some sour ones to go with the good ones as well, but that's just life.

Latest resources

Back