• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Expressjet The Best???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes it does sound right. However dont bypass an interview anywhere else until you are hired somewhere. Interview everywhere you can and then you can decide. Good luck And remember no news is better than bad news. Generally if they dont want to interview you will get the thanks but no thanks pretty quick.

Last edited:
I agree with superpilot, that does sound right...and I also agree that you should go to your Mesa and Pinnacle interviews and try your best to get those jobs, because no matter what anyone says, those companies are better than flight instructing or working for some crappy charter company. Just remember that a lot of people will go and work for Mesa, or Pinnacle, or another company that isn't their first choice, and then jump over to a better company in six months. After you have gone through any 121 training program (and successfully completed it) and been online for a couple of months, you are extremely marketable to almost every other company. I have four freinds who worked for one company and jumped over to others within 6 or 7 months. One went from Skyway to Comair, one went from TSA to Skywest, one went from Eagle to Expressjet, and the other went from Mesa to Expressjet. All four of them have just finished training at their new companies and are much happier. However, by going to work for their previous companies for 6 months, they incresed their chances of getting hired at the company that they wanted. So don't pass anything up (except for Great Lakes...you WOULD be better off flight instructing...$15/hr and $1.00/hr perdiem). Just remember, DO NOT sign any training contracts!!! You don't want to get stuck at some crappy company for 15 months. Good luck.

bg1686 said:
I agree with superpilot, that does sound right...and I also agree that you should go to your Mesa and Pinnacle interviews and try your best to get those jobs, because no matter what anyone says, those companies are better than flight instructing or working for some crappy charter company. Just remember that a lot of people will go and work for Mesa, or Pinnacle, or another company that isn't their first choice, and then jump over to a better company in six months. After you have gone through any 121 training program (and successfully completed it) and been online for a couple of months, you are extremely marketable to almost every other company. I have four freinds who worked for one company and jumped over to others within 6 or 7 months. One went from Skyway to Comair, one went from TSA to Skywest, one went from Eagle to Expressjet, and the other went from Mesa to Expressjet. All four of them have just finished training at their new companies and are much happier. However, by going to work for their previous companies for 6 months, they incresed their chances of getting hired at the company that they wanted. So don't pass anything up (except for Great Lakes...you WOULD be better off flight instructing...$15/hr and $1.00/hr perdiem). Just remember, DO NOT sign any training contracts!!! You don't want to get stuck at some crappy company for 15 months. Good luck.

Dont sign a training contract?? Will they even hire you if you dont sign that agreement? How often have any of you done that? I definitely dont want to sign one, who does, but will they change their mind about hiring you if you dont sign that contract? And does anyone know about Pinnacle and MEsa with regards to this? Do they send you the contract before you even start training or do they ask you to sign it the first day and if thats the case will they kick you out of training if you dont sign? Please help me with this one!!

I know that Great Lakes and Mesaba ask you to sign one when you begin training. It is mandatory...meaning that you can't continue employment without signing one. I know that there are a couple of other companies out there that make you sign one, but I wouldn't. Remember, your first year at most regionals, they can fire you for almost anything that they want. Most of these training contracts will require you to pay the entire sum of your training costs immediately upon termination, even if they decide to fire you. Imagine getting called into the chief pilots office and told that you were fired for calling in sick too many times, or because you missed a trip and then on top of that, he tells you that you owe the company $7500...IMMEDIATELY!!! Or they will take you to court. I don't know about you, but I think that it would be hard to come up with that much cash on first year FO pay. No, don't sign one, I don't think that Mesa or Pinnacle will make you sign one, but that may have changed. However, when I interviewed with Mesa, they made me pay them $55 cash at the interview. They told me that it was an application fee...lol In hindsight, I should have just gone to the hotel bar with that $55 and drank until I caught my flight home. Most of the "Quality" airlines DO NOT make you sign a training contract. Usually (but not always), if they have to make you sign a training contract, that tells me that they are having a hard time keeping their pilots from quitting and going somewhere else in their first year of employment. I have interviewed with 10 regionals and have been offered (or accepted) jobs from 6 of them...It seemed to me that the ones that wanted a contract from me were not quality companies. This was based on MY experiences during my interviews with them. The only one that did want a contract that I might have gone and worked for was Mesaba, but their upgrade time was extremely long, however, I really was impressed with their interviewers...They seemed like a great bunch of people.

Spinplate said:
Thx for the info BG!! Everyone say goodbye to the titties!!! I have to change my avatar!

Good bye honey its been fun!

bg1686 said:
Superpilot, where are you based?

EWR based for the rest of this month and on 7-31 i will then be IAH based. Only sat in EWR for 2 and a half months before getting Houston. I am a houston native so i will based at home. I cant wait.

Latest resources

Back