• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta going to Furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grinstein (73 years old) also believes that he is the CEO of Delta faucets and wonders what the fuss is about all of this airplane stuff. Sometimes I get a vision of "Weekend at Bernies" ...

spanky2 said:
Grinstein (73 years old) also believes that he is the CEO of Delta faucets and wonders what the fuss is about all of this airplane stuff. Sometimes I get a vision of "Weekend at Bernies" ...
Now that's funny. . . .

banger said:
Ginstein stated this week in his lounge tour that their would be more furloughs. He would not commit to any numbers though.

JG is the perfect spin miester. If his lips are moving he is either lying or trying to put a positve spin on something. He also said when asked about further pay cuts that he had a number in mind but could not devulge it. He knows exactly what he wants and probably was afraid for his life if he mentioned it while surrounded by a bunch of pilots in the lounge. This guy is poison. He got you to where you are now and why would you think he can get you out of this debacle? I am hearing that the domestic side of DAL might be cut by 45%. No matter how you spin it, the international flying cannot make up for a loss in flying this great. One international terrorist event would be akin to Pan Am 103. Turn out the lights baby. A sad day for a once great airline.

spanky2 said:

As someone said in the ATL paper this AM...Delta is now run by the guy who thought hiring Leo Mullin was a great idea. Now I'm REALLY worried !!

spanky2 said:
Thanks for the laugh!
General,
How do you get a fleet of 100 seaters when you have no unimcumbered assets? I realize that creditors are sometimes willing to go out on a limb(GE), but you need collateral. I think what USAir is doing with the 190's will hopefully set a precedent for mainline/feeder scope problem.

Interesting comparison to Pan Am...I was thinking we are focusing too hard, on our Intl flying..Like Pan Am......

and it never ceases to amaze me at the number of a**holes who love to tell you you are crazy, Jesus will get back before furloughees... and that you are going to lose your company or your job - on this board....one day maybe I can return the "favor"...there IS such a thing as kharma guys

dtfl said:
Interesting comparison to Pan Am...I was thinking we are focusing too hard, on our Intl flying..Like Pan Am......

and it never ceases to amaze me at the number of a**holes who love to tell you you are crazy, Jesus will get back before furloughees... and that you are going to lose your company or your job - on this board....one day maybe I can return the "favor"...there IS such a thing as kharma guys

Maybe I am reading your last paragraph wrong but, it sounds like your calling me an assh&le?? Should that be the case, shame on you. I suggest that you take a careful look at the history of this industry. You, like I are just pawns in the process and really have little if any control over the outcome at Delta at this point. You could work for nothing and the chances of Delta surviving with JG at the helm would probably be the same regardless. The fact is I am much more likely to send the favor your way than your doing me any favors. I have directed many a pilot to some darn good jobs in lieu of Delta, so I won't be
waiting up for your favors to bestowed on me anytime soon. Stop drinking the Kool Aide, you have been had by the fates that are way beyond your control. On the other hand if you think working for miniscule wages is okay, then everything is just fine. Lastly, since you don't know me, perhaps it would be better if you did not call me names as I might get to meet you someday and that could be very unpleasent for you.

What's the current situation with Delta's No-Furlough clause? Is it still in effect, or did the company void it out?

Rick James said:
Thanks for the laugh!
General,
How do you get a fleet of 100 seaters when you have no unimcumbered assets? I realize that creditors are sometimes willing to go out on a limb(GE), but you need collateral. I think what USAir is doing with the 190's will hopefully set a precedent for mainline/feeder scope problem.

Rick,

Do I look like a CEO with all of the answers? Thanks anyway. I read that GE had a lot of options on certain planes out there, and maybe they will allow Delta to take some of those on leases? How could Air Canada, which was days away from liquidation, come out with a huge order for 787s and 777s? I don't know. Do you need collateral or just a good ole fashion management handshake, with a wink? How did USAir/AWA get money for eventual orders of the A350?

Bye Bye--General Lee

schmooze said:
What's the current situation with Delta's No-Furlough clause? Is it still in effect, or did the company void it out?

Well, I think that initial one was changed in our latest contract change last December. We sorta have a new one with the PRP program---no new furloughs with the retired guys on board. So, now that we are in court, I don't know if that will be changed, but the PRPs have seniority lower than the furloughs now, and a judge would know that. I think they will be leaving sooner than later.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back