• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta a PFT outfit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or maybe it is because pilot's don't accept it, if there is one thing that I have learned working abroad is that pilots are not so willing to bend over as we are in the U.S.

What is the supply and demand abroad? Why does Emirates, Cathay Pacific and a host of others have to go all around the world to find pilots? Hint: not many people with the experience to fly big jets live in the Middle East or Asia. And, not as many want to live in the Middle East, China or India. Sure as hell are not going to do it for food stamp wages either. Here in the US, it is a different story. Too much supply and too much "I want it now and I don't care what I have to do or what I have to sacrifice to get it." Oh, and the senior pilots selling out the junior guys does nothing to reverse this downward cultural spiral.

Those FNG's at DL have a lot more time in the airlines than you....
Completely untrue. Many new Delta pilots are military pilots with zero time at airlines. There also the 'minority' and female candidates that have gotten hired as FOs with 2000-3000TT.

The 757/767 was an absolute blast to fly. I know you can't understand it because you haven't flown it, but I was glowing everytime I stepped in that cockpit. It is everything that an airliner should be from a pilot perspective. I know anytime someone asked me about it I certainly couldn't hold it in.

wtf? Are you having sex or flying a 757? Don't tell me you're one of those "it's way better than sex!" type nerds. Personally, I couldn't give two sh*** about what I fly. I'll fly a Pterodactyl if the pay is good.

Typical cockpit conversation will circle back to how an airplane is to fly... I'm not sure if you're a pilot or not but we tend to talk about that a decent amount. Or are you one of those that is too cool to talk about airplanes? Over 7000 hours now and I'm still perfectly happy sitting in the terminal watching airplanes.
I'd rather not talk about airplanes when I'm at work. Especially if we're already flying the same type. I'm more of a talk about family/hobbies type guy. I don't care about what mind-blowing orgasm you have when that crotch rocket 757 blasts of Rwy 4 at LaGuardia. I do care when there are similar interests as I have (like hunting, fishing, investing, etc).

The proliferation of RJ's IS hurting my career and yours, too.

Do you really think I was serious on the regionals forum about that scope stuff and making more money being all there is in life? Despite all my other posts and PMs to the contrary? I couldn't believe you bit into those so easy. I was just giving you what you wanted to hear, dummy. Are you really that dense? CRJ is in my freaking screen name! Of course I remember where I came from, and I'm helping as many guys that I can get out of outsourced hell and get to a great career.

A couple more of these and I'll be forced to enter back into troll mode...
I don't know who was serious or not. You can troll all you want. As for the RJs hurting careers, it's narrow-minded Delta pilots (like the one you became when you supposedly trolled) who are responsible for outsourcing these jets. They had the chance to take it in-house, but they sold out.

1015, something tells me you like being a captain, and wouldn't fit in well at any legacy. At your current job in the left seat, you control the tone and content of any conversation in the cockpit. You try that as an FO with a Legacy Captain talking, and he would tell you to shut it and let him finish probably. Do you not talk while on a jumpseat? When you are asked about the RJ by the Capt while on that jump, do you mumble "I don't want to talk about it"? No wonder you are so negative about Delta or other legacies, you don't think you would pass an interview due to personality alone! What a pill!

What is the supply and demand abroad?

What is the supply and demand in Europe? China, India and the Middle East are emerging aviation markets that in the past few years have exploded with job opportunities. The highest salaries world wide are not in China and the Middle east, they are in markets that are as competitive than the market in the U.S and have as much if not more supply of pilots but they are not as convinced as you are that if you don't work for half of what all other industrialized nations pilots work for, the company will go under. So convinced in fact that here we have several pages of people justifying that the largest airline in the world doesn't even supply a hotel during training when even their regional partners do????

too much "I want it now and I don't care what I have to do or what I have to sacrifice to get it." Oh, and the senior pilots selling out the junior guys does nothing to reverse this downward cultural spiral.

Now you are getting to the root cause of it all

PS: Before somebody comes up with the excuse that they need the higher salaries because it is cheaper to live in the U.S. Please don't, the fact that it is cheaper to live in the corner of "WWF smack down" ave. and "Boy you got a pretty mouth" st. is just another invalid justification in my view because there are a lot of places outside of the metropolitan areas of the E.U. where you can find very affordable housing. You can go to the parking lot at LAX that has become a trailer park of airline workers and tell them how cheap it is to live in the U.S. I don't buy it

Personally, I couldn't give two sh*** about what I fly. I'll fly a Pterodactyl if the pay is good.

Huh? That seems to counter what you are actually doing. Instead you fly a terror tube trash can for low cash.

Fact is if Delta hired you and put you in a 757/67 you'd be glowing too. Let a guy be happy and not get down on him to mask your unhappiness.

Huh? That seems to counter what you are actually doing. Instead you fly a terror tube trash can for low cash.
That's not my fault. The landscape of this industry had already been set by the time I entered. It's not my fault predecessors sold out RJs and let regionals expand exponentially. Hey, sure I could send an application to Delta with a wet Commercial-M/E and 250 hours. But then I would get the "denied" email. Only way to get there is the regionals, and we know how regionals are. Their pay, benefits, and the industry in general is something I entered into with the landscape already set before me. The military option is out of question due to horrible uncorrected eyesight. So. Delta won't hire just a CFI with no turbine time. I can't do military cause of medical (eyes). What's left? Cancelled check flying will be a thing of the past, and I'm not gonna risk my life flying for some dangerous operator during the night. Only safe and viable option are the regionals.

Fact is if Delta hired you and put you in a 757/67 you'd be glowing too. Let a guy be happy and not get down on him to mask your unhappiness.
I'd be glowing, but I'm not gonna brag about this airplane or how it flies to someone else. Instead, I'd rather spend the time trying to do what I could do help a guy land an interview. I don't care about how the 757 needs full spoilers and idle power to have any hopes of getting down quick. I do care about "hey, here are some tips for the Delta interview........" type talks.

Do you not talk while on a jumpseat? When you are asked about the RJ by the Capt while on that jump, do you mumble "I don't want to talk about it"? No wonder you are so negative about Delta or other legacies, you don't think you would pass an interview due to personality alone! What a pill!
I do talk on the jumpseat, and if they ask about the RJ, I'll answer them. But I wont initiate a conversation talking about the RJ. I will talk about planes if they ask. Otherwise, in the jumpseat, I'd rather get the down-low on your airline. My questions are typically, are ya hiring? How's it look? What do you think? Should I apply? Do you think I'd be competitive? etc. etc. etc.

Can't win with flyer1015.

I'm gonna go back to selling scope and being an arrogant mainline pilot that can't do anything right, because he does everything right.

Can't win with flyer1015.

I'm gonna go back to selling scope and being an arrogant mainline pilot that can't do anything right, because he does everything right.

Is there anything wrong with what I'm saying. I really have zero interest in wanting to hear a 26 year old Delta kid flying a 767 and how he gets a kick out of it. :cool:

Or maybe it is because pilot's don't accept it, if there is one thing that I have learned working abroad is that pilots are not so willing to bend over as we are in the U.S.

What remedy to pilots at Emirates, Cathay Pacific or Qatari Airways have besides leaving when management bends them over? I hear many at Emirates are not too happy with management but due to unions being illegal, cannot do much except leave.

My questions are typically, are ya hiring? How's it look? What do you think? Should I apply? Do you think I'd be competitive? etc. etc. etc.

I'll save you some time. No we are not hiring. it looks good. No, you should not apply. It doesn't matter if you would be competitive. You sit in my right seat with that attitude, and I'll have you pulled off the trip.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back