• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta a PFT outfit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a BS test that asks a bunch of BS questions with no relevance to flying/being an airline pilot whatsoever. Plenty a good people have been washed out on this test and the subsequent visit to the shrink. Your very own PeanuckleCRJ (and I) both know a very well rounded individual who got denied at Delta after the conditional offer due to this BS.

It's a BS test that asks a bunch of BS questions with no relevance to flying/being an airline pilot whatsoever. Plenty a good people have been washed out on this test and the subsequent visit to the shrink. Your very own PeanuckleCRJ (and I) both know a very well rounded individual who got denied at Delta after the conditional offer due to this BS.

No test is perfect. Its just another hoop to jump through, and a number of airlines have required the MMPI.

What happened to him sucked, but it's also weeded out many others that should have been. A few have gotten through that shouldn't have either. Every test will be like that.

I hear it was tweaked this last around anyways, which skewed the results.

Not very many wash out on the psych that make it that far in the interview anyways. Looking back on it, the most common theme amongst the ones that i know (sans the guy this latest round- dont know if he has this) is an anger issue.

What remedy to pilots at Emirates, Cathay Pacific or Qatari Airways have besides leaving when management bends them over? I hear many at Emirates are not too happy with management but due to unions being illegal, cannot do much except leave.

Yeah you are right, I'm sure that the salaries at BA, Lufthansa, Air France (to name a few) are because of supply/demand issues and they want to retain people:rolleyes: You can make all the excuses you can come up with, I've heard them all and then some but at the end of the day we in the US are the lowest paid aviation professionals of all the industrialized nations and even many third world emerging markets. And the largest airline in the world not paying for a hotel for their new hires can be described in just one word PATHETIC!:puke:

And the largest airline in the world not paying for a hotel for their new hires can be described in just one word PATHETIC!:puke:
And what word would you use to describe airlines like Gulfstream, Comair, ASA, CAL express, just to name a few, that used to make employees pay for the privilege of working there?
Notice I didn't use SWA?:D;)

And what word would you use to describe airlines like Gulfstream, Comair, ASA, CAL express, just to name a few, that used to make employees pay for the privilege of working there?
Notice I didn't use SWA?:D;)

"pathetic" works as well. We've often allowed airlines and the senior folks to take advantage of us.

The most shameful of all the majors though is easily Continental's no health insurance for 6 months- every continental pilot on the propert should be ashamed of that combined with the devastatingly low pay. They may as well be PFT with as much out of pocket expenses that a probate will have to come up with.
Just like Swa offering better 1st year pay and 2nd year rates to extra fly- makes up for the type- I easily see the point when DAL offers good benefits day 1, and a better pay rate than any other legacy- the hotel/crash pad expense doesn't seem like much.

But continental?
I've asked many many times- why do you let that go on?
The senior 2000 pilots could donate a minuscule amount and not put their new hires through that- it may be the company's responsibility- but you shouldn't let it happen if they refuse-
Or don't call yourself a union

OR, the Southwest plan and pay for your entire type rating before you can start class....unless you had it before or the military card you play.

Each airline has something it seems, not bashing the Southwest thing at all...if you have to "buy" the type to get someone to hire you then at least you have that option. :laugh:

I know several SWA guys who had Continental Airlines pay for their 737 type rating...

"pathetic" works as well. We've often allowed airlines and the senior folks to take advantage of us.

The most shameful of all the majors though is easily Continental's no health insurance for 6 months- every continental pilot on the propert should be ashamed of that combined with the devastatingly low pay. They may as well be PFT with as much out of pocket expenses that a probate will have to come up with.
Just like Swa offering better 1st year pay and 2nd year rates to extra fly- makes up for the type- I easily see the point when DAL offers good benefits day 1, and a better pay rate than any other legacy- the hotel/crash pad expense doesn't seem like much.

But continental?
I've asked many many times- why do you let that go on?
The senior 2000 pilots could donate a minuscule amount and not put their new hires through that- it may be the company's responsibility- but you shouldn't let it happen if they refuse-
Or don't call yourself a union

Hi waveflyer:
You're right.
And to the origional poster, MCDU.
If you are not paying for any of your training, then it is not a pay for training company. If you want to be technical about it. It's pfl.....Pay for lodging.
I agree that southwest is not a pay for training company as well.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back