• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta a PFT outfit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is sad how we have allowed our career to be eroded and disrespected here in the U.S. not even in third world countries and very small outfits worldwide companies would even dream of not providing you with accommodation and transportation during training, but the saddest of all is that some of you are even defending this practice as "business as usual" the industry has exploited 9/11 and the economic downturn so masterfully and for so many years that a new generation of pilots have grown into believing that this is the norm. By some of the responses justifying these practices here I have to say "bravo to management" you have over the years perfected the art of koolaid making

Maybe so, but this has been this way at Delta for quite some time, maybe since their beginning, but long before 9/11.
Really it's being made quite the big deal here, actually you get PS tickets for you and spouse and hotel room for indoc, then they PS your wife home. You also get PS ticket home for any break in training longer than 48hrs??? (Don't remember the exact hour).
Really with some of the highest starting pay in the pax industry, it's much less of an issue than being made, especially since so many actually live in ATL.
Could it be a little better, heck yes, but it's all a give and take.

Maybe so, but this has been this way at Delta for quite some time, maybe since their beginning, but long before 9/11.
Really it's being made quite the big deal here, actually you get PS tickets for you and spouse and hotel room for indoc, then they PS your wife home. You also get PS ticket home for any break in training longer than 48hrs??? (Don't remember the exact hour).
Really with some of the highest starting pay in the pax industry, it's much less of an issue than being made, especially since so many actually live in ATL.
Could it be a little better, heck yes, but it's all a give and take.

There is no other career that I am aware of that an individual that is hired because of specialized technical expertise is given such a pathetic starting pay and most certainly not treated in a manner that represents the important contribution that his or her technical know how will bring to the organization; after all this individual will bring hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue to the organization over his/her career life span, this individual is trusted everyday with hundreds of millions of company assets and is responsible for a complicated operation that has huge liabilities. I couldn't care less if it was the Wright brothers that started this practice, aviation is the ONLY industry that treats new hires of such important economical relevance in such a disrespectful manner and the fact that is been going on for a long time doesn't justify it.

I think Alaska is 29.00 an hour to start and you put yourself up from day 1...That was in 2000...finished IOE at 12:30 am, check airman went to the hotel, I went to the parking lot at the hotel.......they did a great job of making you not feel like a part of the team.....

OP, are you saying that this is a deal breaker for you. That you wouldnt apply to Delta (or accept an offer) b/c of this? GTFOOH.

I paid $150 for 5 weeks in ATL, if I am a world class sell out for 2.2 million dollar bump over my career compared to flying and RJ, make the T-shirt and I am happy to wear it!

Hell, I even got to experience a few $1 Braves games along the way!

JP

Nope - jp I hope you're part of the new crowd that gets how bad outsourcing has been-

It's your senior pilots that CHOSE to sellout 90 seaters in 2006 that I have a problem with.

Crap...I've been here almost 4 years and I didn't know we had 90-seaters. That sucks!

Lumberg likes to remind me that most are scope limited to 76 seats- ie: more 1st class seats- but there are a handful of 84 seaters-
My argument back is that they are CRJ-900's
And unless your willing to let skywest fly airbuses configured to 76 seats- you should shelve that argument

Lumberg likes to remind me that most are scope limited to 76 seats- ie: more 1st class seats- but there are a handful of 84 seaters-
My argument back is that they are CRJ-900's
And unless your willing to let skywest fly airbuses configured to 76 seats- you should shelve that argument

Someone told me there was a weight limit on the planes that feed Delta. Didn't they have a problem with some version of the E175 because it was barely over the weight limit?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back