• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta a PFT outfit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Up until 2006- there wasn't a dci jet with more than 70 seats...
So I believe optimistically that you're right- but if history is any indicator I ought to be more skeptical-
DAL is the greatest airline in the world- and the largest- what DALPA does affects us all

The 07-08 round it seemed to work just fine.

The test "range" was apparently tweaked this last round, causing a couple good guys that we both know to get nuked.

The head of hiring has since been replaced.

No it didn't. I've had 3 2007 hirees at Delta in the j/s, and they all turned out to be asses. And one guy couldn't stop talking about how "nice" the 767 was compared to the CRJ. Apparently hired at ASA in 2000, upgraded 4.5 years later, and then CA on CRJ for another 3 years, hired at Delta in 2007. Not sure at what point he thought I cared, but he shared away. I frankly don't care how a CRJ flies or a 767 flies. All I got off from his was ego, ego, and more ego.

No it didn't. I've had 3 2007 hirees at Delta in the j/s, and they all turned out to be asses. And one guy couldn't stop talking about how "nice" the 767 was compared to the CRJ. Apparently hired at ASA in 2000, upgraded 4.5 years later, and then CA on CRJ for another 3 years, hired at Delta in 2007. Not sure at what point he thought I cared, but he shared away. I frankly don't care how a CRJ flies or a 767 flies. All I got off from his was ego, ego, and more ego.

Aw, grumpy bear. Need a hug? Is your jealousy and anger surfacing again?

You don't like it when other people are happy? He was obviously overjoyed with his situation, and I would be too in his situation. Maybe guys like you don't think you can leave your own situation, but I want out and want a better overall life. If he wasn't slamming the RJ, then he was just sharing his joy, which many don't have these days. Ego or happiness? Your own lack of happiness made it sound like ego.

+1 JR
people are all kinds of things- esp pilots
What's telling is the reaction-
If you're a pilot and worried about ego- it might be a long career...

Aw, grumpy bear. Need a hug? Is your jealousy and anger surfacing again?
No, just calling out FNGs at Delta like they are.

You don't like it when other people are happy? He was obviously overjoyed with his situation, and I would be too in his situation. Maybe guys like you don't think you can leave your own situation, but I want out and want a better overall life. If he wasn't slamming the RJ, then he was just sharing his joy, which many don't have these days. Ego or happiness? Your own lack of happiness made it sound like ego.
I know the difference between happiness and ego, and if you there the *whole* time, you would have seen ego. And he did slam the RJs. How their proliferation is "hurting" Delta. And that's after he shared the fact he did over 7 years at ASA. People like him (and peanuckle) easily forget where they came from and what they flew. They had no problem accepting employment at their RJ regional to eventually get to Delta. If they slam it so bad, then why take the job at the regional? Cause for a civvy, that's the only path if you want to get to a legacy. I'm in the same boat, but I won't be slamming RJs once I do get to a legacy.

How can any of us not agree with what Dumb Pilot said, above? I'm also amazed at the apologetic, defensiveness of so many pilots when these companies fail to provide all the essential things for newhire training. And, yes, accomodation is essential. If the company wants you well-rested and free from worries, they should provide suitable accomodation. And, it's not like you can live at home during training—you've got to relocate to their training center. It is the company's burden—not the newhire's.

A cousin of mine is a doctor with three years experience. A hospital in Iowa just hired him and is providing him with a $15,000 signing bonus, a pay raise from his current hospital, $500 per month living expenses for six months, and they're paying-off his student loans!!! The only thing they're not doing is buying his existing house in Illinois.

So, explain how any of us can justify that certain professions take care of their newhires, while the piloting profession routinely takes a dump on them? Thankfully, certain carriers like Southwest know how to take care of their newhires.

I don't think they do it to be nice. One, these kind of deals are retention perks. Two, if there was a line of doctors standing trying to get hired in this Iowa hospital, your cousin would probably not get the deal he got. Even more so if 2/3 of the line was willing to work for food stamp wages just to get in the door. Supply and demand. Pilots, for the most part leave their professionalism on the flight deck. Outside the flight deck, many are far from professionals. They are short sighted; all about themselves at the expense of others; greedy; easily manipulated by management; many will fly for peanuts if it means getting their foot in the door...will undercut and drag the entire industry down to get in that big shiny jet. There are many other examples that show us collectively as nothing more than blue collar prima donnas. I would have a field day if I was management.

I know the difference between happiness and ego, and if you there the *whole* time, you would have seen ego. And he did slam the RJs. How their proliferation is "hurting" Delta. And that's after he shared the fact he did over 7 years at ASA. People like him (and peanuckle) easily forget where they came from and what they flew. They had no problem accepting employment at their RJ regional to eventually get to Delta. If they slam it so bad, then why take the job at the regional? Cause for a civvy, that's the only path if you want to get to a legacy. I'm in the same boat, but I won't be slamming RJs once I do get to a legacy.

Those FNG's at DL have a lot more time in the airlines than you....

The 757/767 was an absolute blast to fly. I know you can't understand it because you haven't flown it, but I was glowing everytime I stepped in that cockpit. It is everything that an airliner should be from a pilot perspective. I know anytime someone asked me about it I certainly couldn't hold it in.

Typical cockpit conversation will circle back to how an airplane is to fly... I'm not sure if you're a pilot or not but we tend to talk about that a decent amount. Or are you one of those that is too cool to talk about airplanes? Over 7000 hours now and I'm still perfectly happy sitting in the terminal watching airplanes.

The proliferation of RJ's IS hurting my career and yours, too.

Do you really think I was serious on the regionals forum about that scope stuff and making more money being all there is in life? Despite all my other posts and PMs to the contrary? I couldn't believe you bit into those so easy. I was just giving you what you wanted to hear, dummy. Are you really that dense? CRJ is in my freaking screen name! Of course I remember where I came from, and I'm helping as many guys that I can get out of outsourced hell and get to a great career.

A couple more of these and I'll be forced to enter back into troll mode...

Last edited:
I don't think they do it to be nice. One, these kind of deals are retention perks.

Or maybe it is because pilot's don't accept it, if there is one thing that I have learned working abroad is that pilots are not so willing to bend over as we are in the U.S.

One civvie to another- I trash the 200. Its just kind of a sh/tty performing jet. The 700 except for no AT/Vnav is a great plane- neither of which takes away from my belief that the majors should be flying them.

Don't confuse opinions on RJs with opinions on outsourcing with opinions on you.
It's one of the 4 agreements- don't take anything personally.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back