• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Irony

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nota, the posts are public record--both my expressions of sympathy and those who were appreciative of them.

Avro, alternatives can be looked at, and NJASAP has already shown they're willing to help with voluntary measures that don't change the contract, but in this economic climate it's still best to be prepared for a worst-case scenario.

Pretty scary numbers. Cut this in half and its still scary!

"As if that weren’t bad enough, Berkshire said that NetJets owns more airplanes than it requires for its present level of operations “and further downsizing will be required unless demand rebounds.” Two reliable sources estimate that NetJets has more than 130 aircraft in its unsold inventory..."

The situation has been scary all year. That's why NJASAP and the Company worked together on the furlough mitigation measures. The effort was worth trying but there was never a guarantee that it would be enough in the long run. That said, regardless of what happens in the end, it did buy NJ employees and their families more time to get prepared.

You put the effort forward in order TO guarantee some long-term stability. And maybe it did, since you might be facing only 500 or so pilot furloughs vs. 700. Who knows.

Good luck

Obviously none of us control the media, but the thinking is that NJ folks can show discretion and give those involved the privacy they deserve until the situation is resolved.

What situation would that be wifey? Their termination?

Employees were notified when they came to work, coordinated with the different time zones of course to prevent the 'heads up' cell calls to the left-coast, and then later in the am. the official press release hits the street. That's pretty much SOP for large companies.

Pilots will take a bit longer and those furloughs will be subject to the WARN act as it's a single working group, and depending on the number there will be anywhere from 30 to 90 day notice....So plenty of heads up there. Just going to take NJ a while to figure out how lean they can make it, what fleets to park, etc....

I don't see where anyone really jumped the gun. But am puzzled by your "resolved" comment?

For Gods sake all, just put NetWench on your ignore list and enjoy a nicer place to post. I dont know what she is squawking about now, but rest assured, she will find anything to squawk about anywhere.

As for the furloughs, its a sad day, but it will be worse before this is over I think.

Customer demand is what drives the need for pilots, not how cheaply they'll work.

Concessions don't save jobs.

I agree with this. I've said this before and I'll say it again; with pilots its about numbers not money. If you have x number of planes (demand), you need x number of pilots. Reducing pilot pay does nothing for the company.

Folks if you have choosen to put your head in the sand and believe that the VM's would save jobs then your are mistaken. This has been along time coming, unfortunately it will affect all NJ employees and their families, not just pilots. I believe when the time comes the pilots are going to take a big hit. I hope that everyone that had there job saved by the VM over the last few months has taken this time to work on a plan "B".

Latest resources

Back