• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Irony

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's ironic is that all non bargaining employees at NJA just took a major benefits hit...

Wonder how long it will take before NJI takes a hit in their benefits too.

Fortunately the NJA pilots have a very good CBA that protects benefits for a very long time.....

They can ask for concessions from NJASAP, but I highly recommend they wear ear plugs if they show that much gall to a group that was waaay underpaid for years. I strongly suspect the response would be something along the lines of "Not just no, but HELL NO!" to put it in polite terms. Actually, I think many would favor an earthier reply.

Far better to be in the position of defending a fair CBA than worrying what will happen next, all the while knowing that you can do nothing about it...:eek: Best of luck to the stray cats, NJW

When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.

Winston Churchill

Last edited:
What's ironic is that all non bargaining employees at NJA just took a major benefits hit...

Wonder how long it will take before NJI takes a hit in their benefits too.

Fortunately the NJA pilots have a very good CBA that protects benefits for a very long time.....

Non-pilot NJI employees received the same e-mail today outlining the benefit changes. It appears management is treating the NJI pilot group as if they were already bargaining employees and have not notified us of any changes. My guess is, changes to the NJA pilot CBA (if any) will be applied to the NJI pilot group in short order.

Keep in mind also that if a furlough occurs, integration of NJI and NJA will likely be accelerated dramatically due to the restrictive outsourcing language in the contract.

I haven't confirmed whether NJI F/A's have been affected by today's announcement.

Latest resources

Back