• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Irony

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nota, where do I begin....:rolleyes: The analogy I used --and then explained further for your benefit-- is exactly what I meant. Start at the top and work down is a widely used, simple concept that can easily be applied to other tasks. In your deleted post you had asked who taught me that method and claimed that it made no sense and no one used it. Not so. Here's some more cleaning tips for you...;) http://homemanagement.suite101.com/article.cfm/topdown_wettodry_house_cleaning

Ignored at home?! Waaaay off on that one. When's he's home my husband usually has a lot of desk work to do and he enjoys having me in the study with him. I read and post. My husband is often too busy to follow the board(s) and he appreciates the fact that I can point him to threads/posts of interest and discuss industry events with him. With so many furloughed or at risk, moral support is very important these days.

Look-back thoughts: I can already see how far the NJA pilots have come, how many lives have been changed for the better, and the help they have given to other pilots. It has been worth it all and I'm proud of the contribution my family has made. In the end I'll be glad I supported an important cause instead of spending my board time watching TV.

I think it's important to build camaraderie within one's frac and also the industry. Close neighbors work together to build a stronger community. I value FI, but since it means nothing to you one has to wonder why you are posting here, Nota. Saying one thing and doing another sounds rather hypocritical to me....:erm:

Wow,
One of the biggest opponents of this merger, now sees the light.

Kudos to Wolf for helping to make the integration smoother. I think the more that different groups learn about each other, the more common-ground they will find. That's a good thing for all involved.

Like I said you are the worst type of hypocrite. It is starting to make sense why you are igonred at home and have to come on here starving for attention.

Come on man cut her some slack she is just trying to help. We are all in this together.

I know my grammar sucks or I miss spelled something.

RTRHD, thanks ...:) And I have no problem reading your posts. I can speak a little pilot lingo, but I'm even better at reading it...;)

Looking at the VSL, assuming that the magic number really IS 500, then you're looking at everyone that was hired in 2007 and 2008. Take away the bottom two guys on the VSL for obvious reasons, and we have 3305 pilots all together. If you take away 504 pilots, that's everyone hired after January 8, 2007. Out of that 504 pilots, 32 of them are NJI pilots. Even though that's a fairly small number, those 32 pilots are family and we need to make sure we take care of them.

I see a lot of names on that list I know and care about. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them all. Never thought we'd be where we are today talking about the things we're talking about. Even if furloughs ARE coming, I hope they don't come prior to January. I'd like to see all my friends keep their jobs through the Holidays at least.

Prayers go out to all...

BTW... the "500" seems to be the most popular number. That's the ONLY reason I'm using it here. Don't know any more than anyone else here.

There is never a good time to let people go. The changes in COBRA notwithstanding, the sooner you let an employee know, the better.

There are no small furloughs or short-duration furloughs. The cost-benefit is just not there, and Warren's boys are wicked smart in that arena.

With that said, IMO, I would think 500 to 600 is plausible, especially given the fact that the parking of a significant portion of a fleet or two would coincide.

With that said, if the law sees that number as triggering a Warn Act notice, if I recall, anything over 500 is a 90-day notice. So that would be cutting it close on the current Cobra issue.

Ultra, I'm not up to speed on the workings of the WARN Act but if they do it in stages, then what type of notice would they need to give then? Say 250 now and 250 later.

Either way, I know what you guys are saying but those that I've talked to say that it would be nice to have a job through the holidays, that's all.

Ultra, I'm not up to speed on the workings of the WARN Act but if they do it in stages, then what type of notice would they need to give then? Say 250 now and 250 later.

Either way, I know what you guys are saying but those that I've talked to say that it would be nice to have a job through the holidays, that's all.

Here is an excerpt G200:

Mass Layoff: A covered employer must give notice if there is to be a mass layoff which does not result from a plant closing, but which will result in an employment loss at the employment site during any 30-day period for 500 or more employees, or for 50-499 employees if they make up at least 33% of the employer's active workforce. Again, this does not count employees who have worked less than 6 months in the last 12 months or employees who work an average of less than 20 hours a week for that employer. These latter groups, however, are entitled to notice (discussed later).

An employer also must give notice if the number of employment losses which occur during a 30-day period fails to meet the threshold requirements of a plant closing or mass layoff, but the number of employment losses for 2 or more groups of workers, each of which is less than the minimum number needed to trigger notice, reaches the threshold level, during any 90-day period, of either a plant closing or mass layoff. Job losses within any 90-day period will count together toward WARN threshold levels, unless the employer demonstrates that the employment losses during the 90-day period are the result of separate and distinct actions and causes.

Yes, it would. If they are going to F it would be nice if they waited until next year. People just don't hire at the end of the year, and the more time to bank money and allow the rest of the economy to recover (meaning more jobs) the better. Screw COBRA, I want a JOB.

Latest resources

Back