• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Irony

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My post was intended only to help prevent the spread of rumors that would add unnecessary stress to an already difficult situation. Those of us who posted about the other fracs had relied on the folks from there to post the news at the appropriate time. I think every frac employee/family deserves space and privacy at a time like this. Yes, we're all in this together and I'm sure the NJ lay-off situation will be discussed when the actual facts/details are out. I agree that given the status of the economy and the drop in flying, cuts at NJ were unavoidable.

So discretion only applies when it benefits you. I am sure all those layed off at Flexjet appreciate you jabbing them post after post about the 2 year recall, etc. How about privacy and space for all the others and their families that you have gone on and on about. You say you want to prevent rumors about this topic. You seem perfectly fine encouraging and perpetuating rumors about every other company. When you start practicing discretion in your 2600 posts maybe others will follow. I am sure the professional and sympathetic at Flexjet won't stoop to your level. You are the worst type of hypocrite.

Last edited:
No one afforded the hungreds of employees at Flex, Options, and CS any of that privavcy on this forum, which is dominated by NJ people. Away with your "holier than " attitude. We are all in this together. I feel for all of those layed off, NJ included.

Exactly! Sorry to hear about the furloughs. Good luck to everyone.

So discretion only applies when it benefits you. Not at all. When the final facts are out and the official notices made I'm quite willing to discuss the situation. I am sure all those layed off at Flexjet appreciate you jabbing them post after post about the 2 year recall, etc. If there was any jabbing in my protests it is directed at the managers who set the unfair limit---NOT the potential victims of it. How about privacy and space for all the others and their families that you have gone on and on about. I trusted those from the affected fracs to broach the subject at the right time and I joined on-going threads started by others. You seem perfectly fine encouraging and perpetuating rumors about every other company. See comment above. I rely on others to make factual posts and I advocate candid, truthful sharing of information by all involved. You say you want to prevent rumors about this topic. Generally, discussions based on known facts are more beneficial than guesswork so I thought waiting just a bit was more prudent. ... You are the worst type of hypocrite.

Considering that some of the furloughed pilots have thanked me for my moral support, (in posts and PMs) apparently my posts were appropriate. I planned to discuss the down-sizing at NJ after the dust settles and those let go have had a chance to collect their belongings.

Office as of now. The company and union are supposed to resume talks in a couple of weeks I believe. The news article states it's laying off 5% of all worldwide employees according to NetJets officials. Not sure if that 5% will hold true for pilot furloughs as well though. I'm guessing that's the approximate # they will be gunning for though.

1. I highly doubt their going to furlough 140 pilots at NJA, not much of a savings there.
2. Any info the media gives you is probably misleading.
3. There's no furloughs of pilots in this. How do I know? I'm three from the bottom and haven't any form of a two-week notification.
4. The email...classless, at best.
5. I think the union talks can deal with many other things, before a furlough comes up. I was just polled by Wilson, and was asked, on top of many other things, what I felt about a elimination or reduction in the amount of 18-day schedules.

NJW, I am sure many of your imaginary friends on here thanked you in PRIVATE for rubbing their nose in the dirt. Not saying there haven't been any, but whatever helps you feel better about yourself.

1. I highly doubt their going to furlough 140 pilots at NJA, not much of a savings there.

Actually, 5 percent of a working group is a significant savings....as its just not the salaries, but the benefits, health care, training events, etc...

IMHO, a RIF of this magnitude will effect every working group. The 300 or so that have been terminated so far, were the easiest to let go. It takes WAY more planning to furlough a pilot group, and a unionized one at that, as there are displacements, training events, potential packages to offer, potential fleet reductions, etc...

Its WAY more simple to simply dumb more work on an office person to cover work for their counterpart that was just terminated, than it is to simply furlough a couple hundred pilots. THAT act requires some planning, and its the reason you haven't seen your "two week notice".

I don't meat to sound like doom and gloom, I've just lived it....

Good luck to all....

NJ's is bleeding money at an alarming rate. I dont see anyway a furlough can be avoided. I also think pay consessions are next.

Since we don't make enough for what we do now, I don't see that happening. Customer demand is what drives the need for pilots, not how cheaply they'll work.

Concessions don't save jobs.

Latest resources

Back