• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integration Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I pretty much feel how you do Dingus, if Im reading it right.

Lets break it down;

I think I'll just wait and see what will happen. Where are you guy's getting that everything has to happen Nov 08?????

I think that was part of the IBB deal with RTS. Nov 2008 is when we can file for the single carrier status. (I think?)

And why do ya'll even care, Your not in a G, and most likely won't be there for a long time, even if you wanted to.

I don't, doesn't really effect me that I know of.

No flame, just wondering why everyone is so concerned about NJI, and this VSL list. Most everyone is going to move DOWN about 300 numbers.

Yep, thats about it as far as I go.

Have a good one.

;) Semore, You got it right buddy, NOTHING is GOING to happen by NOV 08, other than the merge of the VSL. That is just a deadline to be able to file for single carrier, Nothing MORE!!!!(that's what I understand). If anyone at NJA thinks we at NJI will pay any kind of dues without getting all the same bene's as NJA, WELL MY FRIEND THAT IS A BIG laugh!!! LET"S keep guessing, like I said, this is great entertainment :laugh:

Why would people at NJA think you (NJI pilots) would not receive the same benefits if you become dues-paying members? The idea is that we become one list, one pilot group. We all pay dues and are all under the same rules and benefits. Honestly I have no idea where you come up with this stuff.

Why should a NJI pilot join NJASAP? All I see is a decrease in pay by paying dues and no additional benefits. The holiday pay wouldn't even make up for the dues

RTS can drag his feet all he wants, remember that NJASAP can and will file a single carrier petition with the NMB as soon as November of 2008 if they feel in any way that RTS is going to play games! I am not priviledged to know what NJASAP plans on doing at this juncture, but I assure you that they won't stand for any bs. If the decision is placed in the hands of the NMB, it might not turn out so well for either side.

If I can put on the jailhouse lawyer hat for a moment, the fact that Santulli will apparently exercise his option to combine the seniority lists makes a single carrier petition to the NMB, as they say in legalese, moot. The option Santulli is signing specifically recognizes NJA and NJI as a "single transportation system" thereby rendering a filing by NJASAP pointless.

NJI pilots have been told, as recently as the middle of last week, that the official announcement is imminent and that the phase-in period to convert NJI to union work rules will take 12-24 months to accomplish. It's not bs and it's not stalling. As previously stated in this forum, you can't just flip the switch overnight to union work rules. This will take some time to sort out and, as always, the devil will be in the details.

In the meantime, pour a cold one, enjoy the fact that football season is here, the baseball playoffs are close, and we only have to endure 7 more weeks of stupid political ads.

If I can put on the jailhouse lawyer hat for a moment, the fact that Santulli will apparently exercise his option to combine the seniority lists makes a single carrier petition to the NMB, as they say in legalese, moot. The option Santulli is signing specifically recognizes NJA and NJI as a "single transportation system" thereby rendering a filing by NJASAP pointless.

NJI pilots have been told, as recently as the middle of last week, that the official announcement is imminent and that the phase-in period to convert NJI to union work rules will take 12-24 months to accomplish. It's not bs and it's not stalling. As previously stated in this forum, you can't just flip the switch overnight to union work rules. This will take some time to sort out and, as always, the devil will be in the details.

In the meantime, pour a cold one, enjoy the fact that football season is here, the baseball playoffs are close, and we only have to endure 7 more weeks of stupid political ads.

Hit the nail on the head there Gut. I have heard the same word on the street on this one. You might also add that the most valuble thing being protected here (aside from the flight crews) is that little sheet of paper in the NOC with the words "135 Carrier Certificate NJI, Inc" on it. That is worth a G5's weight in gold as far as value.

Last edited:
It is he! He has come! It's him....Or whatever!

What Natural Leadership qualities!

Assess the situation and make a cool calculated decision.

Have you considered running for a Union position when ya get here?

You've already got 1 vote man!!!!!

I don't deny that it will take time for all the details to be in place, I believe your 12-24 month assesment is accurate. I am simply saying that NJASAP has options if RTS doesn't choose to play nice or decides to pull some sort of "stunt".

TK, You must be new to NJA. RTS loves his union, look what he got for sooooo little money, and more to come down the road for the company. He now will get cheaper G pilots, to fill the seats and they will be trained by the one's that have been here for a while. He is ONE smart man. He is tying up the pilot's for a LONG time in everyway (scope, money) etc. NJA pilot's received a great raise and more bene's at a cost, it's called TIME. It appears that you think some sort of union busting COULD go on in the future. If you don't trust the company you should move on and give one of the thousand's standing in line for the job a chance. No disrespect intended, just that I think all NJA pilot's (and the majority I think do) should trust what's going to happen, will be good for the majority.
:beer: Cheers

Hey DD why don't you share with us the pay scales of the NJI pilots so we can make an objective comparison?

Latest resources

Back