• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integrating AAI into SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So ..... You're saying that you won't speak to us if you don't get what you want ?

I am speaking about EVERY pilot I have discussed this topic. The reality is that EVERY one of them DO NOT want this acquisition. Period.

If you dont get what you think is fair you're going to behave like a child. You are going to help destroy your much vaunted culture ?

No, I will act like an adult. I don't have to share my life with everyone the same way. Our culture IS in jeopardy. That is one reason EVERY pilot I have talked to DO NOT want this deal. I am Jjust sharing the reality. Do what you want with this truthful information.

I dont care how many years it takes you to "emotionally accept" the outcome. Grow up. You sound like an old US Air pilot.

Again, This is the reality of the situation. Growing up has nothing to do with the facts.

I think you should amend the last line of your post to read; "Good luck to me".

I have little to lose and nothing to gain compared to everyone else involved. I have what some think to be senior on our list. I am concerned about all SWA pilots.

I really do not think he meant it that way. You have to realize that if it goes to arbitration it will be fair.

Yup. As in fair-ly certain to piss off any pilot who was hoping to move up in seniority as a result of the merger. Remember, hourly pay rates change, but seniority within the list is permanent. A 40 year-old pilot will likely fly under 3 or 4 more contracts.

There will probably be 3 arbitrators that hears the case. They will see that Air tran is bringing nothing to the table except employees.
I think you left off 138 planes, profitable routes (700+ daily departures to 74 cities) a decade of profitability, international Ops, slots, 30 gates at the busiest airport, and some other inconvenient little facts that don't support your argument, ostrich-man. :rolleyes:

There must be a reason why 100% of the Airtran employees are very happy with the buy out and cannot wait for the deal to be complete.
That depends how it goes and what ones' expectations are. If it goes as it should, there won't be much change for anyone, which I sense will disappoint you greatly.

Last edited:
Dicko, he's saying that swa have to protect their guys' seniority in this deal. Anything less will be a loss for them. They have nothing to gain and seniority to lose. Why don't you get that? If GK was to put a labor agreement on this, the aai guys would do anything to make sure this goes through. And that would include voting for a staple. End of. He should have.

Ty, swa are bringing you so much more. AAI bring the swa guys NOTHING. What about your gates and departures? Who cares? Shareholders? Maybe. Pilots? Not a bit. Look at what swa are bringing you. Profitable? Don't make me laugh! You guys only made money because you charge for bags! I'd give you guys a permanent fence in atl at your pay rates. Final offer.

Ty, swa are bringing you so much more. AAI bring the swa guys NOTHING. What about your gates and departures? Who cares? Shareholders? Maybe. Pilots? Not a bit. Look at what swa are bringing you. Profitable? Don't make me laugh! You guys only made money because you charge for bags! I'd give you guys a permanent fence in atl at your pay rates. Final offer.

You're kind of late to the party, junior, and looks like you don't even have an invitation . . . so, sorry, thanks for playing. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

As a parting gift, you will receive a leather-bound copy of "21st Century SLI Case Law" with an autographed introduction signed by Senators McCaskill and Bond for you to enjoy on your bus ride back to Pig's Knuckle, AR :laugh:

You're kind of late to the party, junior, and looks like you don't even have an invitation . . . so, sorry, thanks for playing. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

As a parting gift, you will receive a leather-bound copy of "21st Century SLI Case Law" with an autographed introduction signed by Senators McCaskill and Bond for you to enjoy on your bus ride back to Pig's Knuckle, AR :laugh:

Here goes another lawyer. The M and B law does not say anything except fair. What is fair will be up to the unions or arbitrator. Did you and Lear 70 go to the same law school? You should delete that part because it makes you appear a little uneducated. I know you are smarter than that.

That is just a weird response. :rolleyes:

Here goes another lawyer. The M and B law does not say anything except fair. What is fair will be up to the unions or arbitrator. .

Yup. So let them do their job. All you're doing here is setting yourself up for disappointment, anger and frustration.

Latest resources

Back