• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integrating AAI into SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been thinking the same thing. Obviously, much of SWA secret of success is the relationship with labor. I can't see them dropping a nuclear bomb on the list by integrating AT pilots with anything more than a staple.

I heard the other rumor about the holding company being the actual entity buying AirTran, as SWA has no intention to integrate, but to run two airlines. and eventually close AirTran down. With the new crappy AirTran contract, this seems more plausible.

One last thing is that SWA could just walk away if the AT pilots don't cooperate. Since the AT pilots just signed the lousy new TA, I can't see them having much leverage to demand anything - otherwise they have to go back to their crappy new TA.

Probably when it's all said and done, AirTran pilots will be begging for a staple...all part of the grand plan.

JMHO

....skip...skip....skip....skip....

I heard the other rumor about the holding company being the actual entity buying AirTran, as SWA has no intention to integrate, but to run two airlines. and eventually close AirTran down. With the new crappy AirTran contract, this seems more plausible.

OK, I think we all now realize that your posts are supposed to be humorous flame-bait. I thought for a while that you were really serious. ;)

Nice one, you're right up there with Instructordude. :cool:

Sweet!, with our pay protection we will be the highest paid rampers in history!

Is it possible for all the pilots from Airtran to come over to SWA as first year employees but still get a fair SLI? Would that mean that any Captains that keep their seat would get first year Captain pay and all FO's would get first year first officer pay?

Could that be used in the process? You could keep your new pay rates since you have pay protection.

Is it possible for all the pilots from Airtran to come over to SWA as first year employees but still get a fair SLI? Would that mean that any Captains that keep their seat would get first year Captain pay and all FO's would get first year first officer pay?

Could that be used in the process? You could keep your new pay rates since you have pay protection.

I don't know man, you would have to ask the arbitrator.

ANYTHING could happen, but I doubt your senario would be used. I can't see our company having two pay scales; one for OG SWA pilots and one for FAT pilots.

The re-education camp is being set up in Dallas as we speak.

That may no be too far off.

I have heard that our company is wanting a three to five year integration of employees.

Considering the effects that change can have on many people, that may be a good idea for all employee groups.

4th year FO pay to be a ramper. Sweet, I would happily do that- home every night. This sounds like a great idea....

Muppet,
I hope you are on the Airtran Merger Team. That is the most reasonable response I have seen on FI yet. Welcome aboard.

Latest resources

Back