• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integrating AAI into SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like that no one is taking the obvious flame bait...

However, a word of warning as a mod. There's no need to start multiple threads on the same subject. We've asked the same thing for the UAir/AWA threads as well as the TSA threads. Don't need 4 threads running on the same subject.

Please don't start another thread about the SWA/AAI SLI unless there's some major NEW development that drastically changes the playing field.

Thanks,

Well, it's not. I am really interested to see how SW airlines is prepared for a culture change.

Please don't start another thread about the SWA/AAI SLI unless there's some major NEW development that drastically changes the playing field.
Thanks,

It's not about integration. It is about SW culture. I don't mention the word seniority list once in my original post.

Last edited:

However, a word of warning as a mod. There's no need to start multiple threads on the same subject. We've asked the same thing for the UAir/AWA threads as well as the TSA threads. Don't need 4 threads running on the same subject.

Thanks,

Is FI running out of memory space or something?

Is FI running out of memory space or something?

No, it just gets annoying for people who work at other airlines and don't give a rat's about us to see half the first page of threads about SWA and AAI.

Same thing about coming here and seeing 5 threads about TSA or 7 threads about AWA/UAir all on the front page. No reason for all the separate threads and it gets to where we will just merge the threads if they get to be obnoxiously proliferate.

/mod

On a personal note, I see no reason why the cultures won't blend well. The OP obviously doesn't work at AAI and doesn't see the countless pilots who go above and beyond every, single day, even when we've been in extended contract negotiations, to make the operation work.

Yes, we've slung bags, helped F/A's clean, made food runs for the F/A's as well as our fellow pilots, helped gate agents push wheelchairs, etc, etc. I've said it once and I'll say it again, most of us came to AAI thinking it could be "the next Southwest", and HR has done a good job hiring "can do" attitudes over the last decade.

I think most of the SWA crews will be pleasantly surprised... time will tell.

Agreed, Lear. I too have done all of those things, as have most AirTran pilots. Unfortunately, being in contract negotiations for five + years tends to be somewhat anti-motivational. Thankfully, that chapter is closed.

Last edited:
When I came to AT in 07 the pilots had been struggling with negotiations for a couple years already. I was impressed with their attitude, dedication to the customer, and willingness to go the extra mile. Even in the face of difficult contract negotiations, pilot's routinely help with wheelchairs, bags, UMs, or whatever is required. I honestly believe this what makes AT such a worthy competitor to a great airline like SWA, and ultimately will allow the LUV culture to thrive.

I'm glad the AAI/SWA peeps aren't taking the bait.

And yet Lear- didn't I get crucified for asking to limit same thread starts over at the non aviation page? It was said I was trying to censor

Agreed, Lear. I too have done all of those things, as have most AirTran pilots. Unfortunately, being in contract negotiations for five + years tends to be somewhat anti-motivational. Thankfully, that chapter is closed.

Ditto. Culture is about environment. Our management has been holding this place back with their treatment of employees. It's hard to get motivated to do anything above and beyond when Crew Skeds has just found a way to steal a few hundred bucks from you or flat out lie to you so you will take a reassignment.

Now put us in an environment that is the complete opposite. I think most of us can't wait to get into the new game. Put me in, "Coach".

I've been thinking the same thing. Obviously, much of SWA secret of success is the relationship with labor. I can't see them dropping a nuclear bomb on the list by integrating AT pilots with anything more than a staple.

I heard the other rumor about the holding company being the actual entity buying AirTran, as SWA has no intention to integrate, but to run two airlines. and eventually close AirTran down. With the new crappy AirTran contract, this seems more plausible.

One last thing is that SWA could just walk away if the AT pilots don't cooperate. Since the AT pilots just signed the lousy new TA, I can't see them having much leverage to demand anything - otherwise they have to go back to their crappy new TA.

Probably when it's all said and done, AirTran pilots will be begging for a staple...all part of the grand plan.

JMHO

That's the best you can do? Wow.....you need to work on your flame bait skills....you don't impress me.

Looking forward to seeing my SWA friends at the ATL Round-Up next week!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back