indy recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CLE145CA said:
If he is a furloughed Indy pilot who is now a senior FO with four months to upgrade, then I would say he is NOT at XJT. I flew with a few furloughed Indy guys last year (Mar-Apr '04) after their first round of furloughs, but those would be the last people to be recalled. Those people are not within four months of holding captain from what I can see by my calculations. The most recent furloughs CERTAINLY wouldn't be close to upgrading at XJT.

Just curious, what is the DOH of the junior CA at XJET these days?

I was furloughed from ACA in May 03. Just got the letter. I've been with Comair for 1.5 yrs. I would appreciate some 'REAL & HONEST' input from a current Indy pilot on the future on Indy(upgrade rumors, plane delivery schedules...).

Pilot877,
Thanks for the info. I've been out ot the Indy loop for a while and just want to make an informed decision. For now I'll take the bypass.

?

uncle said:
Pilot877,
Thanks for the info. I've been out ot the Indy loop for a while and just want to make an informed decision. For now I'll take the bypass.

I thought Comair made you resign your recall rights!

Not at EXJET. I guess X-Wind is at Colgan or CommuteAir! Chuck (Colgan) called me himself to tell me I'd upgrade in about 9 months from my start date! That was in Feb '05. That would have made my "upgrade" about 4 months from now. I didn't take him up on the offer.

Jetlinkin said:
I thought Comair made you resign your recall rights!

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what Comair makes you do to get hired, you still get the opportunity for recall.

If you had recall rights, Comair wanted a letter of resignation for those recall rights. Comair would keep a copy and forward the original to ACA(in my case). They never asked for it and I wasn't going to offer it.

Rationally, there is not much to go by for hoping that Indy will eventually work out. However, while there has been a stampede of many displaced and even non-displaced Captains to the tune of one a day for fear of losing out on seniority elsewhere, there are also many holdouts. Almost every time I jumpseat, during my commutes out of Dulles, I check on the latest buzz. I have found that some of those who used to be the most cynical now are convinced that Indy will make it after all. Loads keep increasing, and the number of low CASM Airbusses to feed to and from keeps increasing. But I'm afraid that even with the attrition seniority escalator in full gear for us furloughees, that if I went back I'd get furloughed a second time. Part of me would still tempted (if the recalls went deep enough) to go back hang out and double my pay though.

Latest resources

Back