indy recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xwind

would you accept a recall at indy or stay at current regional as a senior fo with less than 4 months to upgrade. i just want some opinions, thanks

i don't give two fcuks about my grammer

1. Can you bypass recall for the time being and still keep a number later?

Either way, I would say wait the 4 months and upgrade if you are pretty sure about it. I don't see Indy pulling out of the spin. I wish it were otherwise, but that's my 2 cents.

Someone said most of the recalls are because there's a lot of attrition at Indy right now. Probably a good reason for all that. If it were me and I was fairly happy about the place I was currently at, plus being that close to upgrade, I'd probably stay. Good luck whatever you decide.

Jetlinkin said:
xwind, are you at CoEX???

If he is a furloughed Indy pilot who is now a senior FO with four months to upgrade, then I would say he is NOT at XJT. I flew with a few furloughed Indy guys last year (Mar-Apr '04) after their first round of furloughs, but those would be the last people to be recalled. Those people are not within four months of holding captain from what I can see by my calculations. The most recent furloughs CERTAINLY wouldn't be close to upgrading at XJT.

Senior FO with 4 months to upgrade? Then it would be no brainer to bypass. If, OTOH, you are a commuting, junior FO with no upgrade in sight except via rumor (depending on day of the week and who you talk to) and no 2nd year pay bump, vs going back to Indy at 2.5x the pay and no commute, then it's not nearly as simple a decision. But given that for the life of me I don't see how T&K plan to get through the winter yet, I think I will have no choice but to bypass for now... but not a no brainer.

I know of someone who got furloughed from Expressjet after 9/11 went to ACA, got furloughed at ACA the same time he got recalled to Expressjet. If he is a "E" number than it is possible he will upgrading by October...thats about 4 Months.

Latest resources

Back