Indigo Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heavy Set,

The loads are improving. They expected it to be slow at first, but its going as planned and they are picking up. Next airport is HPN (White Plains, NY). And they have hired for that base already. Hope that helps

Last time I was in TEB my passengers told me that the local and state government was hell bent to put the brakes on Indigo. All about a lot of FAA limitiations on 135 scheduled trips and stuff like that.

I haven't heard anything else and saw an advertisment for them last week. Do you Indigo will be around for a while? I think the FAA and TSA has other things on there mind right now. The business may actually work if they get the right PAX load on a regular basis.

One of the Congressmen or Senators in NJ tried (or is still in the process of) to implement a 15nm NO-FLY ZONE around Manahttan. This would knock out TEB and therefore no Indigo. I can't believe things like this even seem feasible to those guys!

Last month I had the "pleasure" of talking to one of the tenants around the TEB airport......... she told me how the fuel that we dump before every landing is getting over all of her car and her house and she has problems breathing because of it.

Its Fuc*&&^ idiots like this that buy a house next to an airport and then try to make the airport move. I looked at her and called her an idiot to her face. These are the kind of people that bark the loudest. Everything is still going on and Bon Jovi's Bac 111 parked at Jet aviation in TEB...... hhhhmmmm I think thats the quietest jet there. Not to mention the DC-9's, and the 737-200's that are in there all the time. Yeah......... Bergen County is trying everything they can and not getting anywhere. Who knows ...... time will tell.................................

Networ-King said:
Not to mention the DC-9's, and the 737-200's that are in there all the time.

I have never seen a 737 or DC-9 @ TEB. In fact they aren't permitted to land (hence the whole fight about BBJs).

It is f&*#&#ed up! Try White Plains too. There is a guy who bought a house in Greenwich, CT (right off the end of 34) who called in every arrival and departure for a week to the Noise Abatement Office. At least they don't have protests in Westchester.

DC-9's in TEB

My old flight instructor flies a DC-9-15 N8860 into and out of TEB he was just there a couple of weeks ago. But it is, I believe under 100,00lbs not sure.

I take it all back :) Just thinking about the BBJ. There are quite a few corporate shuttles that utilize larger aircraft at TEB.

Yeah..... I just flew out of there this morning and there is a private 737-200 put to bed on the ramp. Midwest Express had a DC-9 there for a couple of days a few weeks ago...... bon jovi's bac 111 is based there, Aircanada 737-200 comes in there all the time ......and blah blah blah....... you get the picture I know, but its still funny how these people complain. I live right next to TEB and I cant even hear the planes, only once in a while...... that might be from hanging around the APU too much dunno.......

Latest resources

Back