Indigo Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Indigo

My buddy who has been there from day 1, is still holding on to hopes they'll make it! EVeryone has been trained in the new Legacys, but so far in almost 3 years, the business plan has yet to come together. The old Falcon 20's are pretty much static trainers these days. You might be able to cruise that baby down old Cicero Ave. and visit the Tootsie Roll factory!

FlyChicaga said:
The Legacy is a corporate version of the ERJ-135, which is in turn a truncated variant of the ERJ-145. Same thing really.

I would beg to differ (merely for the sake of spirited discussion)

...............................EMB-135.............................Legacy
Range........................1,630 NM............................3,100 NM
MGTOW......................44,092 lbs..........................48,943 lbs.
Fuel Capacity.............11,435 lbs............................17,703 lbs.
Engine Thrust..............7,426 lbs. ea......................7,952 lbs. ea.
Max Altitude...............37,000 ft............................39,000 ft.
Balanced Field Lgth......5,577 ft..............................6,443 ft.
Wingspan....................65 ft 9 in............................69 ft 5in

The above information is from Embraer's web site... I realize the airplanes are derivatives.... But they aren't the "same thing"

As a friend of mine once said "Yeah, not so much, sorry"...

FlyChicaga said:
Chicago-based Indigo Air placing a firm order for 25 and taking options for 50 more, together worth some $1.1 billion (dependent on Indigo’s successfully obtaining financing).

I understand this is still the case... waiting on money...

FlyChicaga said:
OK, so not the same thing. Then what does Indigo have? ERJ-135 or Legacy? It is very unclear.

My friend who flies for them told me it is not a Legacy but in fact an ERJ-135... Why they didn't buy the Legacys, who knows.... Probably $$$

A quick and easy way to tell is....does it have winglets? Legacy does. ERJ-135 doesn't.

However, to further the confusion, the ERJ-145XR does have winglets, however, only COEX has gotten them so far. Only a few in their fleet last I read.

Happy Confusion! ;)

2000Flyer

I saw they were advertising in a couple places for pilots. Has anyone heard anything from them? Just wondering. Falcon Capt, anything else from your buddy there? Are they getting paid while the plan comes together?

February 23, 2003
Indigo starting New York service
(http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?post_date=2003-02-23&id=8005)

Upstart corporate jet airline Indigo LLC is defying dark days for the aviation industry, launching its first scheduled service March 3: four daily round trips from Midway Airport to the New York area for top-tier business travelers.
Using an Embraer 135 regional jet that normally seats 38, Indigo will have 16 plush leather seats in its planes and use its own terminals on Midway's west side and at a small airport in Teterboro, N.J., about seven miles from Manhattan. A flat rate of $749 one way is designed to compete with current unrestricted coach fares between Chicago and New York.

Indigo is halfway toward its goal of raising a second round of private equity totaling $15 million, and has lined up discount agreements with about a half-dozen large corporations and law firms that agree to use Indigo regularly. Indigo is aiming at lawyers, investment bankers and others who want an alternative to flying commercial but can't justify the high cost of a private aircraft (Crain's, July 1).

Still going....

I was on the ramp in KTEB this am, and saw my buddy and his Indigo "Jungle Jet". He was on his way flying, taking a bunch of folks from the local TV stations up, for some free publicity.
Time will tell....

Here come the Judge....

A new hurdle for Indigo detailed here . Click on the local news story titled 'Charter' plan causes uproar. Once you read that, do a search for 'indigo' and read the other 3 jewels printed in the last couple of days.

Last edited:
Yeah.....

Your talking about the bergen county Record. They absolutely hate any airlplanes flying in and out of TEB. So they'll try to say and do anything to stop Indigo. As a pilot for Indigo, I can say that we have started operations and things are moving right along. Don't believe what reporters write...... man where have I heard that one before...... it is an ERJ 135 and it is the shuttle version. After the ninth plane (praying) they will be the Legacy's. Thats the plan for now......... Two planes operating out of MDW and TEB Monday thru Friday as a public charter not scheduled. And we have done plenty of charters as well with the planes for Options and a couple other companies........

Let me tell ya as a furloughed pilot, this freaking place has a bunch of great folks. Not only am I saying this because my boss might see this, but Im saying it because it really is a lot of fun working here. We have guys here from NWA, CAL, DAL and AMR. No more of the political BS. Management this and labor that crap. Its worth applying. Good luck.

ps Boss, if you do read this.....uuummmm...... can I have a raise.

Latest resources

Back