• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In house negotiating committee at Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is up with all these letters on the colganair/fly website? I can't read a single one since they've password protected them. What is the password supposed to be?

IT'S THE SAME USERNAME AND PASSWORD YOU SIGNED INTO THE SITE WITH! Make sure you put a zero in front of your employee number 0XXXX. Read that Crap, and then SEND YOUR CARD IN.

I foolishly changed my password to something that wasn't the default password when I was given the option. Dang those internet/network security classes, dang them all to helllll. (that quote was severely hurt by language filtering)

Last edited:
SeaCow, excellent post!!!

Colgan Pilots...... also..when you vote thru democracy to bring in a union you are joining a professional organization. Yes, ALPA is a professional organization thru its safety structure. On March 22, ALPA spoke before Congress on safety issues, including fatigue. Is fatigue an issue at Colgan?

Joining a professional organization gives you access and the resources to advance this profession.

In addition, there are plenty of dynamics occuring both internationally and nationally that will effect your career, whether you stay at Colgan or move on to other opportunities. The only way to protect your career is thru representation. It is the American Way.

Finally, unions are resources they are not a service organization. If you choose to be represented then you must be willing to actively make your airline and this profession better. This is not a spectator sport.

Alpa Now

I urge all of my fellow Colgan pilots to educate themselves. The only way we can have a legally binding contract with a grievance procedure is thru a legal, NMB formed union...ALPA.

An in-house "pilot committee" does not have that right. It will not be legally binding. With a union backing us, management must negotiate a contract.

Check out the facts, ask questions, educate yourselves about your rights. Management and the proposed "pilot committee" are not telling you the complete truth. ALPA will answer your questions truthfully and without bias.

Please send in your cards, check out the website, www.alpa.org/colgan or call 1-877-GOT ALPA.

The simple truth is we need this now. If we wait until we are not satisfied with the proposed "pilot committee," it will be too late.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back