• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In house negotiating committee at Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally I don't think that ALPA will be all roses and sunshine, but I think it is necessary!

It has been mentioned that we now work for a publicly traded company and that is the bottom line. No more family run, we are all friends, life is good party. The ONLY thing that matters to those people is money. If they think they can save money by getting rid of the outstations and moving us all to a hub, they will do it without even flinching. If they think they can make an extra few bucks screwing us in any way, rest assured, it will happen. If they think they can force their pilot union to settle on an inferior contract by buying another company and using them against their union............wait a minute...... OH NO

Scope and Whipsaw are scary words to a Colgan pilot right now. If you don't think so, you are living in a dreamland.

CJC pilots.. send in your cards!! Vote Yes!! ALPA is definately the way to go!!

I personally would like to be represented by Chuch Norris or Tony Soprano. I wonder if ALPA could swing that.

For the supporters of the make believe union (in house pilot committee), where are we going to turn when we get mistreated by scheduling, pay issues, benefits issue, ect… When a union and it will show up on property at Colgan, a grievance policy is formed first. (It’s required by the RLA). Is your Colgan Pilots Committee going to have a lawyer for us when I can’t put bread on my table because company doesn’t want to pay me for what is in the employee handbook? We all signed that book a year ago and sent it in, and every time you quote something out of that book, the only response you get “There’s gonna be a new revision soon.” I also do understand that there are people out there that have filled grievances and nothing has been done yet, unfortunately it takes time! It would be nice to know that when I have pay issue I can turn to someone other than management, which most of time never returns emails or calls.

Colgan Pilots Committee-

Is there going to be a lawyer present at negotiations?
Is the Company funding this pipe dream?
You all want to work for a major someday?
Well most of them have unions, ALPA at most; you will be a member there! If it’s good enough then why not here at Colgan?

This union drive isn’t about us, it about the profession, reclaiming what was once ours and has been lost by corporate greed. As professionals we need rejuvenate this industry and it is our duty as professionals to pave the way for future generations to come. Why should they have to endure the crap we have to every day?

About the dues, 1.95% of your gross income, if you take the time and read the alpa.org/colgan website it explains the dues and where they go! Depending on how we structure the MEC, pilots maybe able to get some of that due money back at the end of the year. We don’t get Christmas bonuses anymore from company, so think of it as your union bonus.

Everyone out there who says they where burned ALPA, go on to dislike them. It wasn’t ALPA the burned you, it was the ELECTED REPRESENTITIVES you placed in office to speak for you. If you didn’t vote, you did it to yourself, if you did, then you should have done your homework before you voted for them. Your laziness’ and ignorance got you burned by you fellow pilot representative!

For you two gentleman that have started this Colgan Pilots Committee, put the tea set down and grow up. Right now your just two kids playing airline pilot everyday you put that uniform on. And when you do decide to put this pipe dream away and come sit at the adult table you will be welcomed. Until then, we shall continue to squash your misinformed attempt at a make believe non-legally binding union.

Oh, one last thing for all of you in support of this Colgan Pilots Committee, your self appointed “president” our future chief pilot is fronting this train wreck. You really think a future management pilot has your best interests in mind. At least with a real union, any pilot in a management position can not be a member of the union in any capacity. Just something to chew on while you’re out there playing dress up!

Latest resources

Back