• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm Here Doing It...at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know - are you hanging out at the respectable FBO's? If so, they stopped letting me in the door a long time ago!

You mentioned me and respectable in the same sentence?:laugh:

Well, I'll probably be doing the same thing, just not for Avantair. Got the "Thanks but no thanks" email today.

AirTran has really screwed me over, haven't been able to even get an interview for years...

Oh well, you guys and gals have fun over there! :)

Resubmit and mention you banned BeenThereDoneIt for life from this forum. PM me and I'll get you the inside track.

Lear, what's the status of your grievance against AT? PM if you want...but it burns me those bastards can nuke a career with a bogus termination charge

Lear, what's the status of your grievance against AT? PM if you want...but it burns me those bastards can nuke a career with a bogus termination charge
It's in the arbitrator's hands now... finally. Only took 2 1/2 years. :rolleyes:

I'll PM you the details, we pretty much nuked their case. They just have no way to combat 5 orthopedic surgeons that all say the same thing AND surgical results with actual photos inside my shoulder that show the damage...

That said, I've already been told that they have told the MEC that they have NO intention of allowing me to return, no matter what the arbitrator says, and as I've said before, if there were somewhere better to go, I'd simply ask to have my record cleared and move on. I enjoyed my job and my coworkers were great, but who would want to go back to a situation like that?

I can tell you one thing though, I will NEVER, EVER do union work ever again, for anyone. Kalitta pilots have been trying to organize and have repeatedly approached me to help - I flat our said No. Just not worth it...

How can Tranny management go against what the arbitator says if he says you should get your job back? Can't you fight that if that is what he says?

How can Tranny management go against what the arbitator says if he says you should get your job back? Can't you fight that if that is what he says?
You got me. There's ways they can significantly delay up to a year or more through legal tactics (the RLA sucks), but I don't see how they could get away with it permanently. That said, it came directly from a senior management official who has been known to "spout off" about things from time to time, but you never know what's posturing and what's really his intent.

I just want to put all this behind me and move on with life, one way or another.

Yes, DelphinDriver is correct. I haven't had time to respond. I'm an FO at Avantair, I enjoy my job, I have a life outside of FI, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else than flying airplanes. There will come a day where I will be forced to give up flying. I might be furloughed, fired, or let go from Avantair. The same can happen if I ever left for another job, or my health could go south. I didn't like my previous employers, but I loved the job. I look back on those jobs and am glad those days are behind me, but I still have pride in what I've done. We as pilots really do have the coolest job. There have been days where I've regretted the decisions of this career choice. On those days, I have no one to blame but myself because it was MY choice. But those days only make up about 1%. We are all underpaid and overworked, but we also have the most fun.

To the union question - if things ever got as bad as FLOPS then yes, we would need a union. However, our management treats us well and our Pilot Advisory Committee does a fantastic job. Currently, there is no need to be paying dues to a union at this company.

What does it matter if I'm single or married. I still love this job. It was my choice to work 7 days on and be away from home. It works out great for some, for some not so great.

Now I will close with my thanks - Thanks Cherry20's for your support. See everyone, FO's love their job too. Good luck to you and it's always nice to hear another person who loves his job.
Thanks to my fellow coworkers - DelphinDriver, C425Driver, Glasspilot, Mainiac, Hazmat, Wacoflyer, and Hangarrat. I've always enjoyed each of your posts and for representing our company.
Thanks to the Mods for banning BTDI. This thread has served a good purpose and the FI world is better for it.

Is NetJetWife now working for Avantair?

I met Adrian Montemayor at KLAS signature one morning and then ran into him later that day in Concord..He was a extremely Nice guy and generous Captain with his FO in front of me and seemed like a person I would like to fly with...three weeks later I ran into him again in Monterey Ca. Where we talked about his company and schedules and of course QOL. And since then Avantair has been a dream job that I had aspired too..now furloughed from flying the Metro, I'm sad to learn that I missed an opportunity to at least submit my resume to them.
I have worked other jobs and flying on a bad day is still waaay better than the best day doing Drywall, painting, or anything else to this point..if you don't like your flying job..LEAVE.. we need seats for people who want to FLY..
Rant over!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back